You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-14-2014

no. there is a rough plumbing inspection first, and then they come out and wrap the plumbing prior to concrete. i think they are also going to have to hand dig out the footings since the rain made the fill up with mud. ....that said, i hope to have a slab next week.

the builder says he hopes to have it all framed up in 7-10 days. so, hopefully the framed structure will be up by the end of august.

tom

RE: Newell House - Retro - 08-14-2014

It will be exciting to see walls going up, it will put the size in perspective.

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 08-14-2014

It will be interesting to see the neighbors reaction to your highrise garage!!

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-14-2014

i have told those that i have met about it and that it will be TALL. it will be a really nice looking building so i doubt anyone will think ill.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-21-2014

back in the saddle again. some of you may know that we had massive rains this last week. enough where the wash on my property a ways behind the shop was flowing really fast and was 1-2 feet deep and 50 feet wide. it caved in some of the sides of the footings and made it settle in the bottom. i dug a trench to let water out and that helped alot.

but, in desert style, it has mostly dried up already.

a finish grader came and rescraped the pad, then smoothed out 6 massive trucks of ABC rock 4" deep. he used a laser level and got it amazingly flat. the concrete guys took the rebar out of the footings and they will have to redid them out and then put the rebar back in. they also have to do some more forming for the 6" high curb that will go all around the perimeter. that way the walls will not sit on the floor, they will be up 6 inches on the curb. just something my builder likes to do.

tomorrow all the remainder forming is supposed to happen, then pretreat for termites and then another county inspection. hopefully now, the pour will be early to mide next week.

hope to pick up the pace after that.

tom

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 08-21-2014

Hopefully the weather will stay dry until after the forming is complete and the slab is poured and at least partially cured.

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-23-2014

a large crew spent a long day friday getting ready for concrete.

the prepour inspection was called for and should be done on monday. they still have 3 hours or so of work to do before the inspection but they come around 6am.

the pour will be tuesday if it gets inspected monday.

it is estimated to be 140 yards of concrete and will be 10 truck loads.

the footers are 40 and the rest is the slab and curb.

the j bolts that will go in the footer for the sill plate to bolt to are 1" and about 2 1/2' long. they all keep telling me we over engineered it but i am ok with that. as my builder put it this morning "he gorrila'd it" His building company is "Gorilla Builders" and he lives true to his name. ask Forest and Cindy who have met him.

the last picture of our table is the way it is most of the time. with my different set of blueprints there and me marking them up, or driving my to scale newell around or my f350 in side the shop.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-25-2014

the army of concrete guys showed up this morning at 5 am on the dot. they worked until after 9am and got everything finished ready for final inspection for the pour. since there is a 50% chance of rain tomorrow, the pour is set for 5am wed morning.

plumbers came and wrapped and raised the plumbing as well. and set the box around the shower drain.

tom

RE: Newell House - Retro - 08-25-2014

Hopefully the rain stays away till after the pour, would hate to see it all wash in again.

RE: Newell House - bikestuff - 08-25-2014

Tom,
Im loving these posts! That is gonna be HUGE! besides the coach, what are you gonna fill it up with?

bill