You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-25-2014

the way it is set up, the newell will be on one side. then a nother bay that could hold a newell if needed. (i planed it so there could be side by side 47' newells with 4 slides that were all out and the front genny out and engine bay door up and still have plenty of room all around.)

then the back right area will be a 10k lift and tool area. then the 500 sq foot batcave with small kitchen and bathroom.

in where the second big bay is, i will park my truck and maybe the boat.

tom

RE: Newell House - HoosierDaddy - 08-25-2014

Looks great , Tom! Thanks for the update. It feels great to walk on freshly cured concrete for the first time!!!

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 08-25-2014

Don't forget to let Missy get her paw prints in the concrete before it sets up.

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-26-2014

passed final inspections today and it was termite treated.

concrete guys show up at 5 in the morning and cement trucks start rolling in at 6. we missed the big storm last nite and today like was forecasted. still a forecast for rain tonite, but hopefully it will pass us by

the rv pad will be on the right hand side of the shop as you are looking at this picture. it will face the gazebo.

tom

RE: Newell House - Chester Stone - 08-26-2014

I'm excited for you. Have a fun day tomorrow.

RE: Newell House - Retro - 08-26-2014

Our fingers are crossed for you Tom, hope it all goes well!!

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-27-2014

Well, the weather held out and not a drop of rain here the past two days, but alot of rain just north of us.

the guys were here at 445am. for me it was like christmas when i was a kid. i woke up at 1, at 3 and 4. and just stayed up then. i got dressed, turned on the lights outside and waited for them.

there were probably 12-13 guys and they worked hard from 5am to about 215pm when they left. it got toasty this afternoon at about 95 degrees.

14 trucks of concrete. they power troweled it. i had told them i wanted it as smooth as steve bare's floor but that didnt seem to compute for them....ha (i really didnt, i said as smooth as a babys butt, but same thing).

they saw cut it a bunch of places and headed off into the sunset.

all they have to do is they will send their "patch man" to come and patch up the stem walls to make them pretty.

the lumber package comes tomorrow. the gorilla (jeff my contractor) is great and he does first rate work. he said the walls are so large they will make them on the ground, then get the trusses and then use a crane to assemble it all.

very exciting.

tom

RE: Newell House - rheavn - 08-27-2014

Looks great!!!! The walls will move very fast & is exciting to watch as your dream is erected.

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 08-27-2014

Great news Tom!! Did Missy get to autograph the slab?

Are they going to water it or are they expecting you to do that.

RE: Newell House - hagcam - 08-27-2014

Very nice , you must be very happy. Having a barn like that will take care of all your spare time.
It is big, there is no doubt there. Might have to stop by if down that way this winter.