You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 10-22-2014

we have been working our brains out wiring. well over 2000 feet of romex so far.

so far there are 21 celing lights wired, 4 fans, 11 flood lights (5 more to do tomorrow), 3 carriage lights and 2 man door lights. some are 3 way switches.

we started to wire some of the outlets as well.

we will also wire for the 2 post lift tomorrow.

richard has been an amazing helper.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 10-24-2014

will take some pictures tomorrow.

richard and i have been working our brains out wiring.

today was my turn to be the high ladder guy. we mounted and wired in 16 flood lights that are mounted at 17 feet high. then 5 carriage lights.

riachard woked on some wire management.

tomorrow i have plumbers coming and richard and i will work on finishing things up i think. still have some things to hok up and place all the wires.

going to run some outdoor and indoor cameras yet as well.

richard and rhonda are leaving on sunday and we will miss them. we have had a great time with them and for sure richard has not been without things to do. it is a pleasure to do things with him.

happy 5th saturday

tom

RE: Newell House - Chester Stone - 10-24-2014

Tom, have you contacted the power company to install a substation nearby?

RE: Newell House - folivier - 10-24-2014

Should start a poll to see if Richards coach will start on Sunday....

RE: Newell House - Richard - 10-25-2014

I had a big laugh after dinner last night. The girls were watching TV. Tom and I were both passed out asleep sitting upright on the sofa.

I locked all the engine access doors to prevent "tampering". Rhonda and I have to resume our hike 10 miles a day routine so I can get some rest, and fit back into our clothes, Darlene and Laura are fantastic cooks.

It has been a great visit. My favorite part is waking up to the sunrise and the roosters. Extremely relaxing way to start the day.

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 10-25-2014

richard worked me to exhaustion the last couple of days.

we did about 96.5 % of the rough wiring that i am doing at this stage.

just a few little things for me to do.

we finished the outside octogon electrical boxes. 16 floodlights, 5 carriage lights, 6 cameras. being at the top of a 20 foot extension ladder was tough for a sasquatch sized guy like me. good thing heights dont bother me at all.

our older boy greg came by and with richard and greg being the ladder wrestlers, it was alot quicker putting the remiander of the boxes up.

some good friends of ours own a plumbing company and they let me hire a couple of their guys to come plumb all day. they did all but an hour or two worth of the rough plumbing i am doing for now. way nicer than i could have done myself.

the roof is loaded with the things to get ready to put the tile up.

richard and rhonda leave tomorrow and we will miss them.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-01-2014

wow....i have been doing the remaining things to get ready for th eplumbing/electrical inspection.

the plumbing is done and pressurized for the vent stacks and the water lines.

i finished the last of the electrical except for what i need a scaffold or scissors lift to do inside. i can finish all of that in about a half day.

hopefully the roof will get loaded with tile this week and the foam and lath for the stucco.

i am in no rush so the things i am doing myslef are taking me longer than i thought, but thats ok.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-01-2014

A few plumbing pics. Soft water to the front and one side for washing

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-10-2014

work has slowed down on the shop. good news is i will be done with my inside electrical and low voltage wiring in the next day or two. ends up the color of tile roof i have they didnt have enough in stock to do the shop so they are making it. so that slowed things donw by 2 weeks. it should be here this week we hope.

wednesday they will be out and trench for my main electrical line and hopefully run the conduit and wire and set the exterior meter panel.

things should start to speed up again this week.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-12-2014

wednesday came and trenching for electric got delayed. the electric utility construction manager came and we have to work out how to get the power to the shop. have to avoid the septic line so it has to be adjusted a little.

the garage door company came about 10 and the last guy left about 9pm. they are mostly done but have to come and wire up the openers and finish the trim another time.

they look nice.

making some progress

tom