You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 11-12-2014

Looks like the scissor lift is coming in handy.

RE: Newell House - HoosierDaddy - 11-13-2014

Looks great! What brand of door/opener are you installing?

RE: Newell House - Richard - 11-13-2014

Tom,

Can you lock it up now? That will be a big day when you don't have to move your stuff every time you work.

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-13-2014

michael, that is not my scissor lift. i would not let them use mine for liability reasons. they brought their own. they didnt know i had one and didnt matter anyway.

no locks on the doors, but that can be soon.

the doors are 14' wide and 15' high.

Clopay 2" thick 9103 classic models. with polystyrene and metal backing. R-Value of 18 with 1/2" insulated glass windows. i have yet to pick the window inserts for the design in the window openings.

the doors weight just a little under 500 pounds each.

the openers are Liftmaster commericial medium duty jackshaft. Model MJ5011U. big things. each mounted between the two doors. main drive is vbelt with the final drive to the door chain.

they didnt get them electrically hooked up as they didnt have the power hooked up yet and didnt bring pigtails to hook them to the extension cord i have run out there.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-19-2014

a quick update.

the roof tile finally was manufactured and is now 18 pallets of it sitting around the shop. all 5000 or so tiles. so the roof should get loaded any time now.

stucco prep should also be any day. (1" foam and metal lath)

they have been trenching for the 200 amp power (2 1/2" conduit) for the past two days. it is about 375' and they have had to do a fair amount of hand digging around exisiting underground water lines and low voltage lines. my back yard has a number of hose bibs scattered around in 1" pvc about 24" deep each with low voltage wire for future drip irrigation lines. i hope they get the trenching done today or tomorrow and get the conduit laid.

sooooo many inspections are required on everything. makes no sense but the county requires them. for instance.....a drywall inspection after hanging before applying mud to verify there are enough screws holding it up. an inspection of the stucco foam and metal lath. etc

i have a little wiring left to do.

starting to make forward progress again

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-20-2014

the last few days has been some activity. they loaded the roof with the tile yesterday, the kept working on the 300' or so of trenching for the electrical and the stucco guys are putting the black paper and 1" foam on the side of the shop with metal lath wire.

it is cool to see it taking shape.

there was quite a bit of hand digging that needed to be done. the smaller fellow was almost up to his shoulders in the narrow trench up by the building.

happy 4th saturday

tom

RE: Newell House - arcticdude - 11-20-2014

That will be really nice when it's done! We'll all have to wait for the google satellites and cars to go by to get an overall view. Wink

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-21-2014

the google satellites only update every 2-3 years from what i understand. the picture now shows what it looked like before we bought it a year ago.

more stucco prep today as well as i did some more wiring. the electrical meter panel got set.

it is moving along again.

tom

RE: Newell House - Richard - 11-22-2014

So it looks like you decided to go a little higher with the rock detail at the bottom. Is that what the protruding feature is? Or did you decide to do something different?

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-22-2014

Decided to skip the rock and do accent painting for now. It is a stucco pop out you see

Tom