You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-24-2014

a couple more days of stucco prep. 2 sides are done and the other two sides are half done. it takes them a long time to move the scaffolding and the ground is not even where they put it.

i am guessing they will be done either tomorrow or wednesday with the lath.

the builder laid 350 feet of 2 1/2" conduit today as well.

our son scott is coming home for the week tomorrow and between he and i we should get my wiring work done inside this week.

next is stucco lath, plumbing and rough electrical inspection next week prior to insulation and drywall. once the drywall is up, then they will do the stucco scratch coat.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-24-2014

btw, the rv pad will be on the side that has the ramada in front of it.

tom

RE: Newell House - Flick - 11-24-2014

Oh my gosh that building is huge. It's going to be awesome. You're never going to be in your house anymore. You will need some sort of two way radio so your wife can check in on you from the house Tom!

RE: Newell House - folivier - 11-25-2014

Maybe put in one of those vacuum tube things the banks use. Then you can send Missy back and forth with a message.

RE: Newell House - whatsnewell - 11-25-2014

We'll be there in about 8 weeks......looking forward to seeing the finished product....or nearly finished product.

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-25-2014

nearly is the right word. it wont be done. should be done with the initial build, then have to work on the inside. and grading outside

tom

RE: Newell House - Richard - 11-25-2014

I'm first in line to tear something greasy apart and christen the floor.

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-25-2014

stucco preparation is completed. foam, wire, caulking etc.

power company inspected the trench for the 200a service and approved it.

it is so stark white with the white foam that it almost glows...

tom

RE: Newell House - Ozarkguy - 11-25-2014

Yep!! Should be visible to the "Space Lab"!! Looking Good!!

RE: Newell House - nuevomex - 11-27-2014

Wow! We built a 36x50 barn, level reinforced, 4" concrete floor, 24' high at peak, but never got the Newell inside as it was built before we got the coach. The big barn doors were on one side, not front or back so even the Allegro Bus, prior coach to Newell 729, wouldn't fit but the 36' Barth just fit sideways and cut the barn in half inside. Had to walk outside to get to front or back.
What I remember someone saying when we built it was that they never heard anyone say, "I built the barn (shop) too big."
So true. In fact, in it was the barn that sold the 6 acres and house last January and that's no joke. The guy who bought it put in second story, insulated and heated it, made it into a terrific shop and studio for his art work. He builds lamps!
Hope to visit this magnificent show place of yours, Tom, some day.