You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-27-2014

any of you are welcome to come visit. i could not have built it any bigger. it fits just inside the envelope that i had. even though i have quite a bit of area out back, the back acre is a flood plain and i could not encroach on it. as it was i had to raise the pad wayyyy high.

so... it is as big as i could build and certianly as big as i could afford.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-01-2014

Dec 1 update

after weeks of doing wiring, other than making up the breaker panel, (which i cant do till thursday) and making up the switch boxes (which i cant do yet either), i am done for the electrical and plumbing inspection. the builder has to finish putting in the 200a service, but will do that tomorrow. then the power company will come pull the wire.

today the inspector came and approved the stucco lath and walked through the electrical and plumbing with me and pointed out a handful of things i needed to do yet and i did those this afternoon. the official inspection will likely be next monday.

then insulation and drywall. once the drywall is installed, they can do the scratch coat of stucco while they do the mud and painting on the drywall.

making progress and my part for now is slowing down.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-12-2014

dec 12, update,

some challenges getting the electrical meter panel in. the first one wasnt the right one and now we are waiting for the right parts to get the new one installed.

electrical and plumbing inspection is either monday or tuesday, then insulation and hopefull drywall in a week or so and then they can start on the stucco.

good thing i am not in a hurry.

tom

RE: Newell House - Richard - 12-13-2014

And it looks like you guys are getting a storm today

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-13-2014

this picture is of the electrical panel that was made up today. an electrician friend of mine came over at 6am and worked on it for 5 hours. a piece of art it is.

i finished up making all the switch boxes up and now my part is complete for now.

it did storm some today and even hailed enough for my grandson to make a hailball....ha

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-15-2014

big day today. passed 4 inspections. (rough electrical, rough plumbing, final framing and cleared up an old open on the foundation)

so, tomorrow the insulation is being delivered and will be installed over the next couple of days. so they should be done by thurs/fri

the drywall company was here today and they will get started next monday or tuesday.

once the drywall is hung, then can have the scratch coat of stucco put on.

i worked for 11 hours out there today and it is great.

i just have a couple of small things to do in the morning and i will be done for a while.

tom

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 12-15-2014

Great news Tom. Looking forward to your upcoming progress reports.

RE: Newell House - HoosierDaddy - 12-16-2014

I'm liking it. That panel looks good. !!! Are they using 16' drywall? That was my first real job....Hanging and finishing drywall! I'm glad I don't have to do that now!

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-16-2014

12 ft with a 20 ft ceiling I am glad it is not me

Tom

RE: Newell House - HoosierDaddy - 12-16-2014

The FRP that we hung in my shop was 16x7.4'. They are 3/4" thick plus fiberglass laminated on both sides. 340 pounds per sheet. I made use of my forklift!!