You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-16-2014

i would love to find some of that FRP but i have looked and it is incredibly expensive. i am still trying to figure out what i am going to put from 8' down on the walls.

they are insulatiing today

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-18-2014

today they finished the insulation and i cleaned the place up.

tomorrow the drywall shows up and they will start hanging it saturday

moving along

tom

RE: Newell House - Richard - 12-18-2014

I see the cart is sporting a banner of sorts. pirate flag!

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-18-2014

richard, you are right. the jolly roger flies in many places in wittmann

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-19-2014

today i pretty much finished my predrywall work. the drywall was delivered as well.

the drywallers cant start till tuesday so more waiting.

it will take its final form pretty quickly soon.

i am still not drywalling the bottom 8 feet so i can finish doing more things and figure out if i want drywall or some other wall covering on the bottom

tom

RE: Newell House - Chester Stone - 12-20-2014

Tom, if you decide on pegboard with 1/4" holes, I can bring you a pale of hooks to hang stuff.

RE: Newell House - Richard - 12-20-2014

Chester's offer brings up a different question, and I think a very good one. Tom, you have deliberated on what to cover the lower walls with. What do you imagine the lower walls looking like? One on extreme, peg board with all kinds of tools, wire, brushes, and what not hanging about (kind of like my garage) or on the other extreme, slick clean walls with every single thing stored in chests or cabinets. What picture is in your head for the GarajMahal?

RE: Newell House - Ozarkguy - 12-20-2014

I would probably go Durarock. Or at min greenboard just incase it gets wet along the way then paint the first five with a good enamel impervious to chemicals n water. But that's me.

RE: Newell House - HotRodGuy - 12-20-2014

Nothing like a shop when I built mine 45x35 with 15 foot ceiling and a man cave with a bathroom I poured the floor with a 1" slope I love it the water will run to the door sometimes with a little help I use a squeegee. I also would recommend cutting any crack control it makes for a nice level floor I coated the floor with a two part epoxy it works great oil and other spills clean up easy. Big shop small house the only way to go. graham

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-20-2014

the floor was poured in the summer and is flat. i really wanted it flat. there are lots of crack control cuts that were done the day the floor was poured.

i am considering different options on the floor from nothing to commercial airplane hanger urethane.

richard, i am not a fan of the pegboard look for 160 linear feet (the one sidewall, backwall and half of the other side wall.

i had pegboard in my small workshop in mesa and didnt care for it.

i want something that i can hang things, on, be able to spray the floor down and not worry about the covering. i do have a 6" concrete stem before the drywall starts (and the bottom plate).

since my shop will be an extended living area of sorts, i want it to look cool too.

tom