You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - prairieschooner - 12-20-2014

no doubt we will ALL think that it is cool! and maybe some of us will be jealous!

RE: Newell House - HoosierDaddy - 12-21-2014

Wallpaper???
Just kidding!

RE: Newell House - HoosierDaddy - 12-21-2014

Jimmy mentioned green board...I agree that would be a good idea around the bottom if you end up using drywall. I'm wondering what that galvanized corrugated metal would look like. Its probably pricey as well.
Another thought would be to go ahead and drywall the whole wall and do a paint design on it later to break it up. You could have a "starving artist" come and do a mural on one wall!
Would the FRP make sense on the wall in your workshop area? Durable and easy to hang stuff on but wouldn't "break the bank" doing a small area.

RE: Newell House - folivier - 12-21-2014

Wallpaper? Think you're on to something! Maybe do the floor in a nice tacky yellow/green patterned sheet vinyl.
With the gas pump, and other stuff it'll really look retro.

But then Tom would need to get a "classic Newell"

RE: Newell House - Richard - 12-21-2014

So, you are going to drill holes or drive screws where you want to hang things. I got it.

Have you thought about putting up drywall, and then putting the thin FRP on top of it? Water resistant, ding proof, replaceable, semi shiny white.

Ty used it in his Eagle project to protect the walls of an animal shelter.

RE: Newell House - Ozarkguy - 12-21-2014

I suspect you will setup workstations.. Each will have purpose. You've got plenty of time.. It will come to you when you start moving in.... Kinda like when I setup a new 15k sq ft hanger. Some things were fixed and some were on big roil around benches which were nice for those airport hanger parties.

RE: Newell House - photoadjuster - 12-21-2014

Tom, what ever you do make sure there is drywall of some type all the way to the bottom.

I am a 30 year property insurance adjuster who has worked hundreds of fire claims and based on what I have seen, it is safer to drywall all. If you skip the lower drywall do some metal. Do not just install pegboard without drywall behind it because it will not pass a underwriting inspection and it will be hard to insure.

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-21-2014

mike, thanks for the great perspective. i am not a fan of pegboard anyway and it wouldnt work with drywall behind it.

any issue from your perspective with plywood or t111 siding in 4x8 sheets on the lower 8'?

my insurance company has not asked me if it is drywalled or not at all.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 12-26-2014

Drywall day finally,

all i can say is i am glad it is not me doing the drywall.

they said it will take them 3 days to hang it. cool to finally see a ceiling.

tom

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 12-26-2014

Great to see progress Tom. I am surprised the contractor is working between Christmas and New Years. That just didn't happen 50 years ago.