You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 03-07-2015

painters finished the outside today.  about 130 gallons of paint counting the primer.  

next week i will start putting up the outside lights and such

tom

RE: Newell House - Richard - 03-08-2015

Looks like you already graded to door?

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 03-08-2015

naw, it is about 6" below the door. i will start putting lights on tomorrow. going to see what i can do with the 32' fiberglass extension ladder i bought with the large arms that extend out to stabilize it. as you know i am not afraid of heights (some are at 18 feet or so) but i am a big boy and big boys and ladders are fun.

if i have to i will rent a boom lift.

i have a buddy coming with a transit wed morning and we are going to lay out the back around the shop to the grading plan and then i have another buddy with a tractor that is going to take a shot at grading it to the plan.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 03-15-2015

a busy week.  had a buddy who has a dump truck and tractor haul away an entire dump truck full of the concrete footings from the old goat barn in the back of the shop.  and break up and haul away a 10x10 slab the PO had for a shed or something, and picked up 4 huge piles of the cut and broken roof tiles.  

then another friend came and we shot the entire backyard and staked it for another friend of mine to come and begin grading it to the grading and drainage plan i had to do for the county.  

and another friend helped me trench for most of day.  we ran power conduit from the shop to the ramada to give it power and lights and another one fron the shop to the house for sat coax and cat5e for internet.  

yesterday was the kicker.  my son scott (who is our webmaster) started at 8am with a towable boom lift and we worked from 8am to midnite putting up all the lights and cameras.  this week we will put the finishing touches on everything and hve final soon i hope.

tom

RE: Newell House - larryweikartsr - 03-16-2015

Must be nice to be retired and have nothing to do, right? Looking good. When do you plant the grass?

RE: Newell House - prairieschooner - 03-16-2015

What a great shop!

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 03-21-2015

larry, no grass, all gravel.....

the last 4 days has been getting the grading done per the grading and drainage plan to get ready for the grading inspection by the county.

my buddies tractor broke down twice, but we got it fixed both times.

i have a little hand grading to do and then to cut the rv dumps to height and hopefully tuesday have the inspection. should pass, then the next day to have the building final inspection.

pictures on monday

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 03-25-2015

After nearly 9 months of construction and many challenges, today i passed Final Inspection.

now i need to get electricity turned on and get going on the rest of it

tom

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 03-25-2015

Great news Tom. Electricity will be a major step forward also.

RE: Newell House - bikestuff - 03-25-2015

Contgratulations Tom! It looks great!