You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - Chester Stone - 04-19-2015

Tom, what is the GPS address for Newell House? We may get a chance to stop by in the middle of May for few hours.

RE: Newell House - larryweikartsr - 04-20-2015

Is homemade root beer one of the perks of this 1st class campground?

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 04-20-2015

it can be

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 05-11-2015

progress on the shop has been steady but slow.  a one man crew (me) isnt very speedy.  i have most of the rest of the wiring done....a zillion outlets, two 100a subpanels, wiring for the mancave including kitchen and drinking fountain, washer dryer, on demand hot water heater, utility sink, the kitchen cabinets ordered and almost here (tons of bracing done for them on the walls), etc.   and all the plumbing finished for the above things and the shower with two heads.  

today fedex freight delivered the Port a Cool 3600 Hurricane.  it was boxed up incredibly well and was sitting in a thick plastic pallet that was 12 inches high.  we cut it apart tonite and darlene, a friend of ours and my daughter and i huffed and puffed and got it out of the box.  

shipping weight was 367 pounds.  i plugged it in and immediately knew why they called it the Hurricane.  it started pretty smoothly pushing it self across the floor.  we had to grab it to keep it from scooting across the garage...ha.  it holds almost 70 gallons of water so it will get weighed down alot with 500 pounds of water in it.  

it is bigger than i had thought even though i had seen pictures of it.  as you can see from darlene and michele standing in front of it.  

so much to do and so little time.  good thing i dont have a job....ha

tom

RE: Newell House - prairieschooner - 05-12-2015

that does look like it would have a big fan! I can hear your laughter after having to chase it down.

RE: Newell House - folivier - 05-12-2015

Ha!! Maybe you can loan him an anchor Steve.

RE: Newell House - prairieschooner - 05-12-2015

or maybe two?

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 06-24-2015

we just got back from a month in the newell. went from the 70s in tahoe to it was 115 here in wittmann today

but.....

i went out to the shop today when we got home. about 430pm or so. blistering hot day outside.

shop is 89 degrees inside. i turned on the fans and the port a cool and it feels even cooler. that is well over 20 degrees cooler inside than outside.

very tolerable.

tom

RE: Newell House - Fulltiming - 06-24-2015

That is great news Tom. During the summer I HATE working in a non-climate controlled environment.

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 07-24-2015

Coach 608 is in the house......

at 6 this morning my buddy dave came over with his tractor and he made a driveway pad for me to see what ramp slope i can get into the shop with.  i amd many of my friends used trig and drawings etc to calculate the ramp height/slope i could have without hitting the trailer hitch backing up and to not high center on the exhaust pipe for the genny/aquahot.  

dave just said get me some rock and lets make one till it works.  no trig....

so i had 50 tons of 1/4 minus granite brought in and in and hour he had made a first pass ramp.  i told him it was too steep and the hitch would drag and i would high center.   

well.....as you can see, us engineers overenginered the math on this one.  it didnt come close to hitting the hitch on the ramp and plenty of room as i backed all the way in.  

so....for the first time, the newell is in the newell house.  even plugged in.  

still lots of room in there.  

still have a lot of work to do.  

tom