You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell House - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Newell House (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-06-2015

i have been chuckling about jimmys "throw in rebar" comment. they dont throw in rebar unless you throw them money....

ha

RE: Newell House - Ozarkguy - 08-06-2015

(08-06-2015, 10:07 AM)encantotom Wrote:  i have been chuckling about jimmys "throw in rebar" comment.   they dont throw in rebar unless you throw them money....

ha

I always wanted to build bridges... (:-)

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 08-06-2015

the concrete trucks kinda showed up at 7.  meaning the piratemobile had to go guide them to our house....ha

it looks great.  the picture with the small retaining wall are the rv cleanouts.  since they were inset into the slope i thought this would be a cool idea.  it turned out great.  i will cut the pipes down and put pavers inside the area so it can drain.  

they just drove off...it is 11am.  

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 10-04-2015

an update. now that the weather is cooling down, i am alot more motivated to work....ha

now have 175 tons of 1/4 minus granite in piles around the shop and another 100 tons or so to come this week.

i have been working on the ductwork for the hvac. doug has helped me as i struggled through the design.

i hope to have it done in the next week or so. kinda slow doing it by myself.

the remainder of the wiring should be done in a week or so as well.

then insulation which i will do. (all of this is the mancave)

so, with any luck, i should be ready for drywall for the rest of the shop and the mancave in a couple of weeks.

then the floor coating, then the finish work in the mancave....installation of kitchen, bathroom, etc.

tom

RE: Newell House - encantotom - 11-17-2015

an update.  

after spending the last month doing the final wiring and low voltage, insulation, and hvac ductwork, i finally got it drywalled last weekend.  2 guys hung all the rest (about 4500 sq foot of drywall) on saturday.  they were fast.  and i had a ton of outlets, switches and ceiling lights.  

should be taped, textured and painted over the next ten days or so.  

then the shower will get tiled, then the floor coating done where i am doing it.  

then time to assemble the mancave, appliances, kitchen, compressor air lines etc.  

also having a 500 sq foot paver patio put down by the gazebo with seating so i can put a hot tub out there.  

things are moving along.  

tom

RE: Newell House - Richard - 11-17-2015

Would you like me to pop over and splatter some paint thinner from a dirty brush, grinding dust from a side grinder on a rusty muffler, and a little used oil from a diesel on the drywall? Just to break it in of course.

RE: Newell House - HoosierDaddy - 11-17-2015

A Rotary lift.....Kool. I have a 4 post Rotary, built in Indiana!

RE: Newell House - MrE - 11-17-2015

Tom, awesome facility! Are you doing this to make me break one of the ten commandments, "Thou shall not covet"?

RE: Newell House - hagcam - 11-17-2015

That is an amazing facility. You will never have to go into the house.
Very cool.

RE: Newell House - whatsnewell - 11-17-2015

There's going to be a hot tub?