You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Air Operated Systems and Leaks (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically (/showthread.php?tid=133)

Pages: 1 2

Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically - Flick - 08-25-2012

Rookie questions time guys. So our 84 went on it first trip. Now before we did this we took it in for some service. The day I took it it was leaning to the right pretty bad. The guys looked at it and replaced one air valve they said was shot. When I picked it up yesterday after hours it was leaning just a bit. Now after driving it 5 hours to the Black Hills is was pretty much level. However during the night it on d again settled hard to the right both in the back and front.

I can see the seleniods that control that side. Could they be the issue.

RE: Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically - whatsnewell - 08-25-2012

If your mechanic only replaced one solenoid then that may have exposed the others that were weak, but as long as the really bad one was still there, and relieved the air pressure, they were fine. On my coach I have solenoids in the passenger side of the engine compartment that only control the rear ride height, and leveling. I have a separate set near the front of the coach that control the front ride height and leveling. Are all of yours in one place?

My other question is do you have an automatic leveling system, or is yours like mine where when in Level Mode you can manually adjust each corner of the coach?

RE: Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically - encantotom - 08-25-2012

ted, do you know what valve was changed?

now, welcome to the world of airleaks....mine tilts to the drivers side after setting for a while. i have not found the complete reason yet though i (steve bare and i) replaced a valve that fixed it for a while.

speaking of that, steve, do you think that we just put in another bad solenoid? since it did work for a couple of days after we replace that one?

tom

RE: Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically - Flick - 08-25-2012

He replaced a valve from under the bathroom area I believe not a solendoid I could hear it clicking before it was replaced. On the passenger side there are 6 Solenoids. Written next to them in handwriting it says right front down and up for 2 of them. Two others are tagged road level. The other two say nothing so I assume the are the left side. Where can you get these and how do you replace them? My brother-in-law said old one can sometimes just stick.

hi todd,

are they blue MAC valves? that is what was in clarkes. when he was at my house he bought new ones and i ripped the old manifold out and rebuilt it with the new valves and clarkes able assistance. he said one we redid them that they had never worked that good since he had the coast. on clarkes there were valves on the forward engine firewall on the passenger side for the rear, and then another identical set on the drivers side in a bay towards the front.

those older MAC valves are relatively inexpensive (like $50 apiece) and bulletproof.

if you take some pictures of them it would help us.

tom

RE: Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically - whatsnewell - 08-25-2012

Do you know what the manufacturer name is? Mine are MAC valves and they are blue, and they are still made. There are three for each wheel. One for ride height, or travel height, and one for up and one for down when in leveling mode. If you air the coach up and then spray soapy water on each valve you might be able to see which one(s) are leaking. I would suggest just replacing all of them.

If you have time, take a picture of the solenoid/valve cluster(s) and post it here.

RE: Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically - rheavn - 08-25-2012

Tom,
Without being able to test the valves, putting in another valve seems like a logical step. Is curious why it held for 2 days.

RE: Leaning to the right and I don't mean politically - Flick - 08-25-2012

Ok so the valves appear to only be in the engine compartment on the passenger side. I am struggling to upload pics using my iPhone and had no computer and WIFI. So let me describe them as best as I can for now. There appear to be five of them. One says MAC. the other 4 are also MAC but look slightly different so I either have one new one or 4 new ones. Don't see any on the passenger side engine compartment.

So you guys think this is valve and not solenoid then?

these are the solenoid operated valves. btw, the other set is not in the engine compartment but rather in a bay towards the front on the drivers side most likely and harder to get at.

surprised there is only 5. should be an up, down and travel for each rear side.

i will email you and if you send the pictures from your phone to me i will post them for you.

tom

here is the rear setup that was on clarkes before we replaced them all.

tom

btw, the valves clarke put in were MAC 225b601b and they were about 40 bucks each.