You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
home rv dump - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plumbing and fixtures (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: home rv dump (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2

home rv dump - encantotom - 08-15-2014

hi guys,

my new shop will have its own 1000 gallon septic tank. the sewer main coming out of the shop is 3" that will go to the septic. i am putting a separate line to the tank that is for the rv pad that will be next to the shop.

a couple of questions for you.

1. are the in ground sewer connections at rv parks 3" or 4"?

2. is there any need for a separate vent for the rv dump to allow the waste to flow? i know when i stayed at steve B's he just has a regular cleanout for the sewer on his rv pad next to his house.

the connection will be only about 20' from the septic tank.

tom

RE: home rv dump - Sundance - 08-15-2014

"a separate line to the tank that is for the rv pad"
What? Singular line/pad? I don't like the sound of that...no Sir!
I was thinking a minimum of 3...with a 1,000 gal septic Lol

Depends on Septic setup if you need vent...ask your septic installer...

RE: home rv dump - qcj - 08-15-2014

Tom, The pipe can be either 3" or 4". I have seen both. The hose on our coaches is 3". The holding tank vent should be enough to allow plenty of flow. A vent has to be before the flow not afterwards.

RE: home rv dump - Ozarkguy - 08-15-2014

Tom I've ran into 3, 3.5 and 4" pipes and some stab in's I have an adapter that fits whatever. Twin Fountains use 4" ..
I think the sewer vents thru the coach vent when dumping... I do remember staying at a park that had septic tanks and they had tall vents spread around.. when someone dumped we all got to enjoy it.....

RE: home rv dump - encantotom - 08-15-2014

The sewer hose on the coach is 3" isn't it

Tom

RE: home rv dump - folivier - 08-15-2014

hose is 3", some rv parks have 3" others have 4".
For the vent I would think your septic tank should have a vent so when the 150 gallons of waste hits it the air has somewhere to go. Your coach tank has a vent so it can suck in fresh air as the waste is dumping.

RE: home rv dump - rheavn - 08-15-2014

Mine has a 4" pipe to the septic tank with no special venting. No problems in 18 years.

RE: home rv dump - whatsnewell - 08-15-2014

Three inch is better

RE: home rv dump - encantotom - 08-15-2014

there is enough width in the spot where the rv pad is going to be for a second coach i think. and can always T off of the septic rv drain. wont really know till things get put in for the septic tank. i will ask the septic tank guy about the need for a separate vent. if the rv dump can go into the septic tank separately, then the venting from the shop will probably provide a place for air to escape. i looked online and it does appear that most septic tanks have 2-3 spots to connect piping into on the entrance side of the tank.

tom

RE: home rv dump - Ozarkguy - 08-15-2014

At my house in AZ I had a vent at the end of my leach field... Way away from the house..