You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Black Hills Mini Rally? - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Fun Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Get Togethers (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Black Hills Mini Rally? (/showthread.php?tid=189)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - Richard - 06-15-2013

Rhonda, her dad and his wife, and I will leave on Thursday for Spearfish. I spent today in a frantic rush, a dear buddy calls it,"preparing to relax". I greased the muffler bearings, polished the waste tank discharge spout, and checked all the flux capacitors.

Seriously I did check all the ACs 'cause the kids don't call the coach the meat locker without reason. Rhonda likes it coooooool.

I did get a scare when I glanced at the coach battery voltage. A solid 9 volts. Whoa, what's going on, how did that happen. Uncharacteristically I checked the voltage at the battery before I disassembled the inverter and totally rewired the coach. 13.7 at the battery, so I guess the meter is sick.

See you guys Sunday

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - Fulltiming - 06-15-2013

Murphy is making this trip with me to Spearfish. I fixed the air conditioner that went out last summer before I left. Had the joy of all 4 AC's working again until last night, then the other front air went toes up. I suspect the condenser fan on it has frozen up on me. Since I can't find those fan motors anywhere, I had to pay as much (or more) than it should cost for a new one to get the first one rebuilt. Is there a good motor rebuild shop in Spearfish???

We are now in Springfield, Missouri overnight. Will be in Columbia, MO the next few days then heading to Spearfish.

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - folivier - 06-15-2013

Hey Michael, I may have a new fan motor in my coach. You have the domestic basement airs?
I kept it when I sold the '93. Remind me when we get to Spearfish and I'll dig it out.

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - Fulltiming - 06-15-2013

You are the MAN, Forest. Yes, I do have the Dometic basement airs. Those are impossible to find now. Weird mounting bracket, higher rotational speed, etc. I promise I will remind you!!

Thanks!!!

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - Chester Stone - 06-16-2013

I will also have a new fan motor for the SCS with me since I had mine rebuilt in Mexico before my new one arrived.

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - folivier - 06-19-2013

We made it to Custer, at least Rudy and I made it. Chappell decided to drive on to Spearfish so look for him when you check in. Nice drive up 385 except for a few sections of road construction and a few buffalo that decide to meander across the road and stopped traffic for a while Smile
We're at Fort Welikit, kinda nice campground in the trees with gravel roads and sites. Had to jockey around a tree to get in the site then move around some to get where I would be level. But definately not big rig friendly. Think we got the only 2 sites big enough for a 45'.

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - Ozarkguy - 06-19-2013

We're leaving Friday by noon I hope. Should be there Saturday eve. 980 miles for us so will rest a bit in a Walmart somewhere along the way.

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - Fulltiming - 06-19-2013

Closing in on Spearfish. We are in St. Joseph, MO for the evening.

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - whatsnewell - 06-19-2013

Looks like Tom and I will be departing Sioux Falls tomorrow for Spearfish if all our ducks line up properly.....should be there Friday.

RE: Black Hills Mini Rally? - Flick - 06-20-2013

The ducks Clarke is referring to are all the things he and Tom fixed on my coach! They have us ship shape. They even polished the wheels and they look amazing. But behind every Great man is an even greater woman. Elaine sewed us an awesome screen for the awning and last night Darlene helped me complete the entry way steps and sides until midnight.

Thanks to the McClouds and Hockwalds. We have has a wonderful time with them.