You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
wjindshield replacement - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Exterior (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: wjindshield replacement (/showthread.php?tid=206)

Pages: 1 2 3

wjindshield replacement - ron skeen - 09-17-2012

[Image: img%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp:]

Had both windshields replace with new gaskets. This is what it look like by the time I got Home less than 1K miles. I have reset with the instructions of Matthew Russo of Performance Glass as he walk me through the proper processor on installation. I went the wrong way home from Newell is what cause the movement I guess. I have seal the gasket to the fiberglass up both side and across the top. Will be driving the coach to Gilbert WV in 2 weeks which will really be a test for glass movement after being glue. Jeff & Pam will be going the same route so we will see what happen.

RE: wjindshield replacement - encantotom - 09-17-2012

wow....those really came away from the coach. mine was almost nothing compared to that.

you just have to stop offroading in the coach...ha

tom

RE: wjindshield replacement - larryweikartsr - 09-18-2012

Speaking of windshields, I just drove home to Mi. from Va. and it rained all the way. It's been quite a while since I've driven in much rain and it reminded me of a question I've wanted to post for some time. My wipers do not wipe far enough to the outside of the windshield to totally clear the windshield, leaving rain to accumulate in my line of sight. Sort of dangerous in a driving rain. Has anyone else experienced this and is it possible to install larger wipers to correct the problem?

RE: wjindshield replacement - encantotom - 09-18-2012

i would install the largest blades that will fit. i have noticed that some are shorter than the ones i have on. i just went out and measured and i have 28" blades on. i actually think that 30" might even fit.

thats my two cents worth and i am sticking to it.

tom

RE: wjindshield replacement - tuga - 09-19-2012

Larry,

Maybe a simplier solution would be to just use Rain-X on your windshields. It is really a great product.

RE: wjindshield replacement - larryweikartsr - 09-19-2012

Thanks Tom & Tuga: I'm going to get longer blades and will apply rain-X, which I used to do, but have neglected lately. It wasn't a very pleasant drive home.

RE: wjindshield replacement - Express1 - 09-19-2012

I use RainX or equal on all my glass. I never use wipers EVER! Maybe to remove Bugs.
Also back to Ron Skeen's post about windshieds.

I have seen his situation.. It was not pretty, I do agree that that type of work, just like tires or brakes or body work, may be better done close to home base or with a national company..

I do believe Newell is good, it not the BEST at what they do...BUILD NEW COACHES......
I am not a fan of their service department. Sorry, but thats my vote.

Any other Votes?
If not, I must be Correct?

RE: wjindshield replacement - encantotom - 09-19-2012

hi matt,

i have not tried rainx but i guess i will. so it is good enough that if you are driving in a heavy rain that you dont need to turn the wipers on?

thanks

tom

RE: wjindshield replacement - whatsnewell - 09-19-2012

I've driven through moderately heavy rain just after applying RainX, and did not have to turn on the wipers. This was in Southern Idaho on our way to Challis.

RE: wjindshield replacement - Express1 - 09-19-2012

(09-19-2012, 05:26 PM)encantotom Wrote:  hi matt,

i have not tried rainx but i guess i will. so it is good enough that if you are driving in a heavy rain that you dont need to turn the wipers on?

thanks

tom

Thats when it works the BEST in driving rain or being passed by large trucks splashing water as they go past...
No wipers ever in rain.... You must re-apply after washing with soap..but thats when I alway apply...just after washing... every week.
Tom, no vote on service at Newell?