You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Intro and questions - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Please introduce yourself (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Intro and questions (/showthread.php?tid=2585)

Intro and questions - Roy Dameron - 10-25-2015

Good Afternoon,

I would like to introduce myself, I'm Roy Dameron, I'm retired and currently have a 42 ft Nimbus 09 Foretravel. I'm about 100 miles east of Miami. I am very pleased with my Foretravel. This summer I got a chance to see in a 06 Newell. I was very impressed with the floor plan. We are now spending 6-7 months in our coach a year, and it works well. However, when you live in one you really learn what would be better.

My Foretravel has 3 slides ( my choice) but with our 80 lb Golden retriever and the little dog another slide would be nice. A half bath, stacked washer/ dryer, rear bath and a little larger kitchen counter are all things that would improve our motor homing experience. Naturally, the Newell had all these things. I have seen at least one former Foretravel owner on this forum; so I am interested in how the two compare. Does the Newell drive/ride better than my FT which has HWH Active Air? What do you former FT owners like about the Newells?
The newer IH 45 Foretravels have all these things, but I find the Newells floor plans more pleasing to my eyes. Also any thoughts on how the Newells drive/ride compared to the Prevost?

I appreciate any comments you have

Roy

2009 42 ft Nimbus Foretravel

RE: Intro and questions - qcj - 10-25-2015

Roy, I have owned both, and I now own a 99 Newell and have owned a 02 Foretravel and I live in Nacogdoches.  I cannot compare the later models you are asking about but in the earlier one that I have owned, I prefer the Newell.  They both drive very good, but will have to say the Newell with independent front suspension drives slightly better.  There is no better quality than a Newell, because they use only the best of everything.  I really like an all electric coach. Their Aqua Hot is the largest and best of all.  As I said they do not skimp on anything.  Their customer service is excellent and their service while at their home in Miami, OK. is great.  You could eat off the floor, it is kept that clean and they will let you live in the coach while working on it and even watch and ask question.  There is only one quality Newell.  They do not build lower to upper end in quality.  All I can say is once you have owned a Newell you compare everything else to it regardless to the age Newell you own.  I hope this helps.

RE: Intro and questions - Roy Dameron - 10-25-2015

Thanks Chappell for the post. My Ft has Independent front suspension also.
We really enjoy Nacogdoches when we are there for service, I am sure it is a nice place to live.

Roy
2009 42 ft Foretravel.

RE: Intro and questions - qcj - 10-25-2015

Roy, next time you are in Nac. give me a call.   936-569-2211  We can get together.

RE: Intro and questions - Roy Dameron - 10-25-2015

Chappell,

That would be nice. We were there about two weeks ago for an annual service. Probably won't be back for another year, unless I trade for a Newell. I'll keep your number and call when we are headed that direction.

Roy

2009 42ft Foretravel