You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Hello Gurus - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Please introduce yourself (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Hello Gurus (/showthread.php?tid=2687)

Hello Gurus - s2swift - 01-09-2016

Hi Everyone:

My name is David Sugg and my wife Lengki and I live in Cornelius, NC. along with our two dogs, who will be traveling with us.

We just purchased coach #1487 from Newell and we plan to travel North America beginning in November of this year.  We are total newbies to RV'ing but I have owned and driven Renegade Toterhomes with 48 ft. lift gate trailers for the last 10 years, so the driving part should not be a problem.  Everything else, however, is a different story.  Reading blogs and Guru posts has given me an appreciation of the challenges that we will face when we are on the road full time. I do feel fortunate that we purchased a Newell, as I don't think that there is a better built coach on the market, regardless of the price.

I want to say thank you in advance to those who answer our questions in the future, and hope to meet some of you in our travels.

RE: Hello Gurus - bikestuff - 01-09-2016

Welcome David,

Great to have you on board. I too was a complete newbie when I bought my '03. It is quite a learning curve, but the folks here have a LOT of experience and can direct you in the right direction.

One of my biggest issues is where to park the darn thing. The Big Rigs Best Bets atlas is a good resource of large RV friendly parks.

I also travel with my two Boxers. They are not as good drivers as you would think. But they make great road companions.

Again, welcome aboard!
Cheers,
bill

RE: Hello Gurus - Pardue101 - 01-09-2016

Hello David & Lengki,
Glad you are aboard with us Gurus.
We are only a couple hours apart i live in NC also.
Hope to see you guys out sometime.
Julius & Charlene

RE: Hello Gurus - encantotom - 01-09-2016

howdy and welcome.

tom

RE: Hello Gurus - Richard - 01-09-2016

Welcome aboard.

If can, try to attend the rally in Ruidoso. You might make some lifelong friends.

RE: Hello Gurus - whatsnewell - 01-09-2016

Welcome! There are several fulltimers here including Elaine and I....ask away.

RE: Hello Gurus - Fulltiming - 01-09-2016

Welcome David and Lengki. You have one of the 2020P's that I didn't have a photo of. More photos would be greatly appreciated. We will be happy to answer any questions we can.

RE: Hello Gurus - Junior Guru - 01-10-2016

Hi David.

We jumped right in and straight to a Newell like you! Boy have I learned a lot! Definitely don't be afraid to call Newell or post on gurus when you have an issue or question. I'm the type that I don't like to ask for help and I like to figure things out on my own. But there has been more than a time or two when a quick call to Newell or a post on gurus would have saved me hours!

Best of luck to you!

RE: Hello Gurus - 77newell - 01-11-2016

A guy asking for help, what is this world coming to. Well actually, a better place. And this place is part of that better place. The kindness with which answers have been provided both here and from Newell has always impressed me. I prefer to ask here first to minimize the overhead at Newell so that when I really need them they will be there even though I spend almost no money with them.

My other mantra, gained from from the Red Green show on PBS, is "I'm a man, I can change".