You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
microphor air leak - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plumbing and fixtures (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: microphor air leak (/showthread.php?tid=2750)

Pages: 1 2

microphor air leak - mnhoff - 02-17-2016

Under the lid on my microphor Model LF 210 air flush toilet there is a unit that the water supply and six or seven air lines feed to the unit. My question is there is one black line coming off of it that is about 4 inchs long that is a deadend line with a brass fitting and a set screw in it. There seems to be a pin hole in that set screw releasing air that will drain my main supply tank in about two hours. Is that normal or does anyone have a up to date phone number for microphor?

RE: microphor air leak - bikestuff - 02-17-2016

Look at This thread..  It should help you figure it out.

Bill

RE: microphor air leak - mnhoff - 02-17-2016

Thanks bill. That relief valve in mine must be stuck as air is being discharged 24/7. I must need a new o-ring kit to correct this problem.

RE: microphor air leak - Richard - 02-17-2016

Mike I rebuilt mine with a trip to Lowes. I took the old o rings and matched them to selection plumbing. Grease it with silicone and it's still going a year later. Just saying till you get the kit from Microphor. Or you might just take it apart, clean, and grease with silicone.

RE: microphor air leak - mnhoff - 02-18-2016

The problem that I encountered was air being released 24/7 from the bleed off plug that attaches to the Air/water seg valve on my LF-210 microphor water closet. I contacted Microphor. Ed Bruce from that office contacted me and with a few emails that problem lies in a new rebuild on the A&E.  FYI Microphor updated number if any one should need assistance is 707 518-6216.  800-358-8280 ext 6216. Any one needing parts Mullaney & Associates  856-596-1299 ask for Sue. I am going to try to rebuild as per Richards post and if unsuccsessful I will call Sue or parts

RE: microphor air leak - HoosierDaddy - 02-18-2016

Sue is very knowledgeable and friendly!

RE: microphor air leak - bikestuff - 05-20-2019

I am the next one up with toilet problems....

I have a huge air leak. I traced the problem to the potty. I cut the supply line to the potty and dead ended it and now my coach can hold air, but obviously the toilet does not work.

So...the question is how to find the leak? I cant feel a leak around the sequence valve or the handle part. I also don’t feel any air around the relief valve.

Should I take the toilet out and then run an air line to the toilet? Can you remove the sequence valve and relief valves without unmounting the toilet?

Thanks!

RE: microphor air leak - rheavn - 05-20-2019

There is a 1/4" black air line that goes from your 12V air pump directly to the toilet flush valve.  Isolate that line by stubbing it off at the flush handle and insert a leak down tool on the air line to the toilet after the regulator.  That is the first place to start.  From the flush handle air is then provided to the air/sequence valve thru the green air line.  When you activate the flush valve the air should move from the green air line to the blue air line and then on to the air/sequence valve.    This description is for a coach with a 12V air pump, which I believe Bill has.

The air sequence valve can be removed without removing the toilet.

RE: microphor air leak - bikestuff - 05-20-2019

Thanks, Steve. That is exactly how I found the toilet was the problem.

I have a new sequence valve, a rebuild kit and a new handle assembly on order. (The handle assembly may or may not be the problem, but I am replacing for cosmetic reasons). I will post pics of the progress.

bill

RE: microphor air leak - rheavn - 05-20-2019

So the air line in is holding air??? If so without flushing, there is constant air pressure on both the flush valve and the air/sequence valve. Isolate each and you will find your air leak.