You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
front window - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Documentation (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: front window (/showthread.php?tid=2803)

Pages: 1 2

front window - mnhoff - 04-05-2016

Can someone give me a rough cost to replace the 2 piece windshield in our 95 newell, as our insurace provider requires it. Thanks in advance. Mike

RE: front window - ccjohnson - 04-05-2016

We paid around $450.00 for one side at Newell about 4 yrs ago.

RE: front window - Richard - 04-05-2016

Newell is about 800 per side now. The local guys quoted me 2400 to replace both sides.

RE: front window - Chester Stone - 04-05-2016

I paid $640 for drivers side installed last summer in Oregon. However, if they are quoting for insurance, it will be much higher.

RE: front window - ron skeen - 12-24-2017

I am having trouble with the windshield not staying seated in the gasket and opening.  Has anyone else had this problem? I am looking for solutions and have been having to reset the windshield quite often over the last 3 years. The Gurus had a work session down at Bella Tarra, AL but nothing seem to work. I am just wondering if I am the only was having this problem?  It seem like the more I try to make better it get worse. Would like to compare notes with anyone who has similar problems. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

RE: front window - Keith Jordan - 12-24-2017

paid 1200 total for both sides at newell in sept of this year.1995# 390

RE: front window - HoosierDaddy - 12-24-2017

Ron , when I had both windshields replaced by a local company that does a lot of RV windshields they used an adhesive and let it set overnight. I have not had a problem.

RE: front window - ashley - 12-24-2017

(12-24-2017, 03:27 PM)ron skeen Wrote:  I am having trouble with the windshield not staying seated in the gasket and opening.  Has anyone else had this problem? I am looking for solutions and have been having to reset the windshield quite often over the last 3 years. The Gurus had a work session down at Bella Tarra, AL but nothing seem to work. I am just wondering if I am the only was having this problem?  It seem like the more I try to make better it get worse. Would like to compare notes with anyone who has similar problems. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

RE: front window - ron skeen - 12-24-2017

(12-24-2017, 03:52 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Ron , when I had both windshields replaced by a local company that does a lot of RV windshields they used an adhesive and let it set overnight. I have not had a problem.

I took the coach to Newell last month and left it with them for 1 wks. They removed and reset both sides and used adhesive to reset. Glass move before I got back to TN. Now the gasket is full of adhesive which just makes it had to reset. I have order a new gasket and I will try to try something different. Don't know what but will cut up the old gasket to make spacers around the opening to check for how the glass fits the opening. I am open to suggestions. I thinks the opening dose not fit the glass. Thanks for suggestions.

RE: front window - HoosierDaddy - 12-24-2017

One other thing. I didn’t mention earlier because it was a problem with my 1978 Newell and I thought would not apply here. We ended up trimming material off of the aluminum opening for that very reason. The glass would not set in the opening properly. It would set proud of the opening. I think the glass needs to be on the same plane as the surrounding body. Measure the glass and opening carefullly.
I should stress that in both cases the coach did not move an inch for 24 hrs once the glass was in.