You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Winegard Direct TV HD Dish - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Televisions, Satellite, Audio Visual Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winegard Direct TV HD Dish (/showthread.php?tid=3534)

Pages: 1 2

Winegard Direct TV HD Dish - Junior Guru - 06-01-2017

My winegard direct tv Dish (slimeline) is apparently not sending signal to the Direct tv receivers.  

I called Direct TV and Newell and after many tests, both think it's the Dish, possibly the transponders.  Unfortunately Direct TV will not work on the winegard dish and all the RV shops around me can't get me in for a few weeks.  we're getting ready to leave for a month long RV trip and I'd like to get it fixed before we leave. 

I climbed up on roof just to check connections, wire condition, etc and all looks good.  

If anyone knows anything about what it might be and how to fix, I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks
Jason

RE: Winegard Direct TV HD Dish - Richard - 06-02-2017

Jason.
Run a short piece of coax from the lnb to the connection on the base of the dish. If that fixes it then you can fish the coax through the arm that connects the lnb to
The dish. It is a common failure mode. Don't bother going directly from the lnb to the receiver for that doesn't work.

RE: Winegard Direct TV HD Dish - Junior Guru - 06-02-2017

Thanks Richard I'll try that.

I'm in an enclosed garage and when I turn the dish on it to get it out of the closed position it just keeps turning and looking for a signal. Do you know how I can get it in a fixed position by chance?

Thanks

What happens if you unplug the unit ?

I'm not by the coach today unfortunately but will get up there tonight or tomorrow and let you know

And there is nothing magic about the lnb. You can replace it in minutes. Order one on amazon

Couple more questions. Do you have a separate power injector
Or is it built in your receiver? Have you upgraded receivers since you last used it in the coach? What error message are you getting? And is it on the winegard display or the direct Tv display?

RE: Winegard Direct TV HD Dish - HoosierDaddy - 06-02-2017

It will not find the signal if you are in a garage.

RE: Winegard Direct TV HD Dish - whatsnewell - 06-02-2017

I have to agree with Dean.....if you are in an enclosed garage you will not get a signal......I believe you did write that earlier.

I'm sorry, I probably wasn't very clear. It's in a garage now... the sat dish issues are when I'm outside. The winegard dish finds and locks on satellites normal outside. However, it's easier for me to get up on the roof and fix it inside my garage but obviously then the sattelite dish won't stop searching for signal so it's constantly moving. I will need to disconnect the power to it but after its in the upright position not in the folded position. It may be something I just need to do outside.

The error message is a Direct TV error (don't remember error number) not winegard. The boxes are not new. Th error message says something to effect of the DTV box is not communicating with sattelite dish. I've tried everything I can with Direct TV and Newell on the phone. They said it has to be an issue from the dish to the boxes.

RE: Winegard Direct TV HD Dish - Richard - 06-03-2017

Have you checked voltage output on power injector?