You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
I’m considering purchasing this Newell - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Discussion about what to consider on buying a used Newell (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+--- Thread: I’m considering purchasing this Newell (/showthread.php?tid=4586)

Pages: 1 2 3

I’m considering purchasing this Newell - jdkskyking - 11-01-2018

Is anyone familiar with this Newell

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/newell_coach/2004--newell--45--P1269

RE: I’m considering purchasing this Newell - BobALou - 11-01-2018

FWIW, based on the stock number, I think MOT owns this coach as opposed to it being a consignment. I was there in July, but this unit was not in inventory at that time.

RE: I’m considering purchasing this Newell - Fulltiming - 11-01-2018

Check you PM's.

RE: I’m considering purchasing this Newell - Richard - 11-02-2018

I don't know anything about the coach except what is in the link.

But there is a lot to like. Solid surface floors, 365 tires, stacked washer dryer, chrome fixtures, low mileage, steerable tag.

RE: I’m considering purchasing this Newell - jdkskyking - 11-02-2018

(11-01-2018, 08:32 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Check you PM's.

I need the meaning of  “PM”. I’m new to this. 

Any help with how to place a fair value on a Newell is greatly appreciated. 

JK

RE: I’m considering purchasing this Newell - rcantrell52 - 11-02-2018

Private Message. Good looking coach. Jason Haskins is the General Manager at MOT and he is a good person. I have know him for 12 years. 

Reese Cantrell
Newell Coach 1242

RE: I’m considering purchasing this Newell - rheavn - 11-02-2018

One way to put value on a Newell is looking at other Newells of similar years and features.  The part that makes it hard is "no two Newells are alike".  This method gives you a ball park of what a coach in the year range you are looking for sells for.  Pay particular attention to what coaches sell for, not what they are listed for.  

My preferred method to evaluate a coaches value is to look at lots of Newells, get a feel for what is available and evaluate a coach's value by what I am willing to pay.  This method took me two years to do the research and then find a coach that was appointed how I wanted it and in the shape I insisted on.

No where can you see more coaches with more varied features than at the factory in Miami, OK.  

Good luck in your search................................

(11-02-2018, 04:47 AM)rheavn Wrote:  One way to put value on a Newell is looking at other Newells of similar years and features.  The part that makes it hard is "no two Newells are alike".  This method gives you a ball park of what a coach in the year range you are looking for sells for.  Pay particular attention to what coaches sell for, not what they are listed for.  

My preferred method to evaluate a coaches value is to look at lots of Newells, get a feel for what is available and evaluate a coach's value by what I am willing to pay.  This method took me two years to do the research and then find a coach that was appointed how I wanted it and in the shape I insisted on.

No where can you see more coaches with more varied features than at the factory in Miami, OK.  

Good luck in your search................................

We made a trip to Miami this week and learned quite a bit.

We’ve (mostly my wife?) researched everything we can find in our price range.

We’re learning quickly how the market/years impact the prices.

Not that I’m impatient... I’m just tired of repairing engineering design flaws on my Winnebago. Whoever buys it will get a great coach but it’s still a truck chassis under a box.

Thanks for the help.
JK

RE: I’m considering purchasing this Newell - folivier - 11-02-2018

That one is a pretty coach but a bit unusual in the mid-bath design with doors on each end. Not a bad feature just not one that is currently being built. You just have to decide what floorplan you like.