You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? (/showthread.php?tid=5079)

May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - Burlyman - 07-17-2019

I am looking at some different properties to purchase and may be traveling from Oregon to Oklahoma and possibly Texas in the next few weeks to view the area.  The factory is about 90 minutes from Tulsa and about 3 hours from Oklahoma City... do I take the drive and tour the factory?  I'm guessing most of you will say yes, but I know I cannot afford new or even new-ish.  Budget will probably put me in a 15 - 20 year old coach.  Am I putting myself into a position of coach-envy?  When I buy, I dont really want to compare my "new to me" coach with the coaches I saw at the factory.  It would be an unfair comparison.   Would love your feedback.

RE: May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - Land Yacht - 07-17-2019

I own a 2000, and toured the factory before I purchased. It is a great tour, viewing the quality of a new coach and realizing, my older coach has the same quality at a much reduced price. While at Newell, also tour the service department, as for me Newell’s service and this forum made my decision easy to purchase an older Newell. Worth your time and expense in my opinion and experience.

RE: May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - BobALou - 07-17-2019

My wife and I drove from Philadelphia to tour the factory, last July, as part of our coach research. We aren't in the late model price range, but we thought it would be good to get a feel for processes and people...it was. It was truly impressive to see raw steel in the yard and a finished coach being delivered...and all the steps in between. Unfortunately, our tour was a bit quick due to the individual's schedule who took us through, but we learned a lot.

The units for sale at the factory are, generally, less than 10 years old, so we considered them eye candy since they didn't match our budget. It was like window shopping...you may not buy, but there can still be value in it. Without question, we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and have no regrets about visiting. That's just my two cents...good luck.

RE: May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - pairodice - 07-18-2019

I just kick myself for not taking the time for a tour while we were there last year. We had to make a quick detour to pick up a part for the coach and didn’t think we had time (clients always want me there yesterday). We have toured other coach manufacturers like Tiffan and Foretravel and it has always been interesting and informative (that’s why we never owned a Tiffan! Lol)...

RE: May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - Burlyman - 07-19-2019

Great feedback. Thank you all for your input! If my travels take me there soon, I will try to set aside a day to make time for the drive and the tour.

RE: May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - Flatlander1 - 09-20-2019

I am planning a trip to the factory in a few weeks. Any advice on who to contact or how they schedule tours? Is the service department included too?
Thank you for any info!!

RE: May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - BobALou - 09-20-2019

Mark, just call and let them know that you want to take a tour. I mentioned when we were coming, but it wasn't scheduled, per se. They hooked us up with Phil...we didn't see the service department, but I didn't ask to see it.

RE: May be traveling to Oklahoma... tour the Newell Factory? - Flatlander1 - 10-18-2019

Got home last night after completing 3 factory tours in 4 days. Entegra, Newmar and the best for last, Newell. I'm not usually speechless, but, Wow! does not do the experience justice!! I am not in the new Newell league but was considering a new SOB DP or a 10 year old Newell. Well I think I know my answer now. All I keep thinking is the production coach slide mechanism versus a Newell slide. Highly recommend the factory experience to anyone in the area!! We called Tues for a Thur morning tour.