You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
2020 Tour - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Fun Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Travel Logs (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2020 Tour (/showthread.php?tid=5301)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 2020 Tour - DK on the road - 01-09-2020

You folks are scheduled out!

Not sure you have spare time in your schedule, I am building a place in Carson City, 1/2 mile off the freeway, you will pass as you go from Sparks to South Lake Tahoe. Not sure if it will be complete by Mid June, but if it is, You can stay the night there instead of Sparks. 50 amp hook ups, dump & fresh water. If I miss you in Carson City, I would love to buy you a Dinner in South Lake.

Its beautiful all the time there, one of my favorite places.

Ps, it not for me, but bicycling around the lake is a popular event for experts like you 2

RE: 2020 Tour - Richard - 01-10-2020

Dave, that is awfully nice. I’ll check in closer to the date.

I have ridden around the lake a handful of times. It is a tough ride. Hilly.

RE: 2020 Tour - pairodice - 01-21-2020

Great tour schedule Ronda! I'm impressed that you will stay in a TENT! lol. Karen gave up tents right after I 'surprised' her with an impromtu tent outing on our honeymoon in San Antonio (I forgot to bring the sleeping bags and it was in the 30s that night!)... she would love the hiking though! We are near Huntsville, AL and can possibly come meet you guys when you are in TN if you like.

RE: 2020 Tour - arcticdude - 01-21-2020

Richard,
I know this might be a pain of an idea, but could you come back to these threads after your trips and either denote the parks that were really good or the ones that you would not go back to? It would really help those of us following along. Looking at the reviews of some of these places does not give a real idea as to what they are actually like. Even a simple +1 (bad) to +5 (great) notation would be really great!

This looks like a great trip, by the way.

RE: 2020 Tour - Richard - 01-21-2020

Yeah, I can do that. I will also state whether we used the park as an overnight stopover, or as a base camp. We look for different amenities in both situations. Rhonda will stay at Walmart, but really does not prefer to do that.

RE: 2020 Tour - Richard - 06-09-2020

Woo Hoo, we leave on 6/19 for part of our originally planned 2020 tour. Here is the route, come meet us at one of the stops.

.doc Itinerary.doc Size: 35.5 KB  Downloads: 80

RE: 2020 Tour - encantotom - 06-09-2020

richard,

there is something wrong with the file. when i opened it there was no wittmann destination

please correct and repost

tom

RE: 2020 Tour - DK on the road - 06-10-2020

Sorrry we will miss you and your swing through the south and the west (Tahoe/Carson City NV). Next year we may be crossing each other somewhere in the middle. Big Grin

Have fun, post pictures.

RE: 2020 Tour - Jndroark - 08-02-2020

Richard,

Looks like we will cross paths again this year, hopefully we will see you in Spearfish SD. We plan to be in Elkhorn Ridge for 10 days 8/24 through 9/2.

RE: 2020 Tour - Richard - 08-02-2020

That is great. See you then.