You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
head hunter pump builds no pressure - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plumbing and fixtures (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: head hunter pump builds no pressure (/showthread.php?tid=5342)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

head hunter pump builds no pressure - ACR - 01-24-2020

Ok, This is my first post and not very good at this but my brother and sister in law Jeff and Pam have incouraged me to get my question answered here.We have coach 502 double slide that we bought from our friends that we traveled with for years and we've been touching up small things and learning about the systems . The one thing that isn't working is the head hunter mach 5,it comes on but no pressure.So I have read the post about the head hunter and priming it.I took the priming plug out and its below the water level in the tank so water came out so is it primed? I took it out and pulled the pump side off to see anything obvious it looked good to me.And also the 12 v pump won't shut off after the demand and no obvious leaks.Is there a exploded veiw of the head hunter?

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - RegaNewell - 01-24-2020

Welcome to the group Stephen!

Someone here will have information that should be able to help you!

Pam

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - bikestuff - 01-24-2020

ACR, I have two thoughts...

1) the water source is set to CITY but the city water is not connected. Make sure you are set to TANK as your water source.

2) The AUTO WATER FILL is turned on and your tank is not filled. If you have this feature you should turn source to city and make sure you are connected to external water. You will NOT have any water pressure inside coach until the tank is filled.

Can you verify that the pump is turning on?

Bill

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - Richard - 01-24-2020

With coach 502 you will have manual valves. Take a close look at the piping in and around the two pumps. Make sure the output of the pumps is going through the proper valving. Since both pumps are NOT building pressure, I suspect a valve out of position as Bill said.

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - encantotom - 01-25-2020

a couple of things. i just installed a new headhunter in the 99 that i have.

that plug on the top is for initial priming. i had to put in about a gallon. if you fill it to the top, that is where you start.

on my 02 occassionally it looses prime. to get it to work i turn the headhunter on, turn on the kitchen, bathroom and shower faucets and it will prime itself. just the kitchen faucet will not do it.

follow the previous posters advise to make sure you have the correct valves open as well.

tom

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - ACR - 01-25-2020

I will need to get back to the coach and see about the valves. We went on our first trip to glamis dunes and filled the tank before we left home from the city fill and never checked any valving . I turned on the headhunter and no pressure so I used the auxiliary 12v and didn't find out till much later the pump wouldn't shut off after the demand so until I could figure it out we just turned it off manually so I will look and report back what we find AND THANKS GURUS FOR THE INFO

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - ACR - 01-27-2020

Ok I found the other valve to close off the city water source and the only thing in line is what looks like a pressure regulator for the city hook up. My excuse is that my 89 u300 foretravel wasn't that sophisticated but still a great ride. Another question I would like to replace the inlet and outlet fittings on the headhunter mach 5 water pump because they are all chewed upend look bad and can't seem to find any parts for this pump on line . Any info for would be appreciated .Oh let me also introduce myself and wife of 41 years, Im Stephen and better half is Dayna Allen we own and operate a collision repair shop called Allens Collision Repair Inc.

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - Richard - 01-27-2020

Stephen,

Did closing that valve solve the issue?

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - ACR - 01-27-2020

Well I took the headhunter out to clean it up and change the rusty bolts and I would like to change the fittings on it if I can find them they look chewed up , someone was obviously chasing a leak .I will post the results when I get it back together .Thanks for the help Richard and the other gurus.

RE: head hunter pump builds no pressure - bikestuff - 01-27-2020

Be careful! The black plastic fitting on the right end of the HH is fragile and WILL BREAK if you lean on it. (Don't ask me how I know). You can get another one from HH. They not cheap but can be ordered from HH.

bill