You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Coaches for Sale (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Coaches for Sale (Please read the info in the Category description) (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: 2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale (/showthread.php?tid=5814)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale - xGE_97 - 11-30-2020

Private owner 2005 Newell with Murphy bed for sale near Dallas, Tx. Listed on RVTrader....  https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005-Newell-Coach-QUAD-SLIDE-5014762805

Vin 1N9458X8815011751
Owner says it has a CAT engine, ad says Cummins
Last sold by Premium coach group in Gilbert, Az. here is an archived sell sheet from bus stuff. It has pictures better than the RVTrader listing.  http://www.bus-stuff.com/2005Newell_Premium120219.html

Has a lot of neat things about it, like the mirrors and Murphy bed set up. 

Will be a nice coach for someone...

RE: 2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale - Fulltiming - 12-01-2020

My information says Cat C-15 with ZF 10 speed transmission.

RE: 2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale - encantotom - 12-01-2020

the pictures are from when it was at premium. clearly a cat engine....all yellow and such

what size are the murphy beds?

tom

I don't know the size of this one but they were typically 60x75 Murphy bed mattresses in 2005 coaches where the fixed beds were more likely to be 66x78. By about 2014 they were typically 66x78 Murphy bed mattresses which is the same size as the typical fixed bed Newell. I have seen two Murphy beds that were 66x73 (a 2007 and a 2009).

in other words....too small for sasquatch

tom

RE: 2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale - xGE_97 - 12-01-2020

So Michael, does your info show whether the laundry cabinet would fit the typical Newell washer and dryer unit, or is it just big enough for a combo unit on the bottom with electrical boxes in the top where the dryer would be? I saw a few 2005's with the combo w/d on the bottom and electrical boxes above.

Also it looks like an all refer-freezer drawer coach. Is that convertible to add the normal refrigerator above the freezer drawers? 

Regards,
Bob

RE: 2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale - xGE_97 - 12-01-2020

Hey! Sasquatch - No! He'd need the "Alaskan King" 108" x 108" . Wow!

Since I don't have any plans on #751, I am unable to make that determination. It 'appears' that the closet in the rear bath is the standard size cabinet that is used for a stacking washing and dryer but I have no way to confirm that. Every square inch of a motorcoach is valuable. A trade off is always made by the owner designing their coach. Do I want additional closet and storage space or am I willing to forgo part of that closet/storage space to put a combo unit in or am I willing to forgo all the additional closet/storage space to put stacking units in. If it was original designed to accommodate either the combo or the stacking unit, conversion costs are MUCH lower than if the plumbing and electric was never put in at the request of the original owner.

It appears from the photo on the bus-stuff site that it does have SubZero 2 freezer drawers and 2 SubZero refrigerator drawers. Could the space above the drawers be converted to a 'normal' SubZero refrigerator with the one piece refrigerator and 2 freezer drawers below it? Yes, If your credit card works, Newell could make that happen. You may not like the cost but it certainly could be done. From the photos, it looks like the cabinet above 2 of the drawers would have to go, a new cabinet built and a new SubZero unit installed.

since mine was a race coach with an office where the bedroom is now, i built a cal king bed in it. plenty of room for a short (6'2) sasquatch like me

tom

RE: 2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale - xGE_97 - 12-02-2020

Thanks guys, great info. Yeah I assumed that the subzero could be removed and replaced.......at a cost. Just wondered if the top refrigerator was a separate component from the drawers and maybe a "saving" could be had in just putting the top part in. Hey! maybe a cyber Wednesday special at Newell hahahaha.
Regarding the combo w/d, the one I saw had a compartment full of electrical service boxes above the combo. No physical room for a stackable unit.

In our Teton Reliance we have a king bed, separate washer and dryer, stacked and an Amana side by side fridge. Hard to give up the separate w/d because we full time in it. Doc has been telling me for a long time to eat less so I guess the fridge being smaller is ok. Wife really wants a king bed. I think some convincing needs to happen for a 66" wide bed.

Oh! One other thing. If someone other than Newell worked on a coach and remodeled or made other modifications, would Newell do any work on the coach or do they swear off of any work like I heard they do with salvage units.

Thanks again,
Bob