You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Coaches for Sale (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Coaches for Sale (Please read the info in the Category description) (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas (/showthread.php?tid=582)

Pages: 1 2

Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - Erniee - 03-04-2013

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/newell_coaches/2005--newell--45--P1093

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - folivier - 03-16-2013

I was talking to Mel, our salesman about this coach. They really want to move it and have done quite a bit of work on it getting it ready. Someone could pick up this one for a really good price if the floorplan works for them. One thing is the murphy will only come down with at least 1 slide out.
I watched the turning tag operate yesterday as someone took it for a test drive, WOW! Glad I already bought my '98 or I'd be saving up.

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - Jimmy daniel - 03-16-2013

How exactly does that Murphy bed work. He's anybody ever replaced one with a king bed?

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - folivier - 03-16-2013

You would have to remove the sofa on the opposing slide in order to replace the murphy with a standard bed. Could get complicated and/or expensive.

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - encantotom - 03-16-2013

it would be one of the "not for the fainthearted" to do, but possible. there are so many other coaches that i am not sure i would take that much work or expense on.

i cant imagine that the murphy bed would be as comfortable as a regular one. i could be wrong though.

tom

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - rheavn - 03-17-2013

The comments I have heard from folks who have seen this 2005 coach is that when the murphy bed is down the bed is much lower than a normal Newell bed & they questioned if they would like it. On the other hand the floorplan seems popular as I have seen it in coaches for sale many times. Having the murphy bed gives you a home theater area away from the front salon area. It is almost like having a third room added to a coach as compared with the front & rear areas most coaches have. Some of the murphy bed coaches have sofas, like this one, others have theater chairs.

The one and two slide coaches have the same move about room when going down the road as a non slide coach. When you add the third and/or fourth slide you give up a lot of the ability to move about unless at least two of the four slides are deployed. As with any coach, space is always a trade off with upsides and downsides. What works for me may not work for you as we all use our coaches differently. The market dictates popularity and it says people want a minimum of two slides and preferably four slides.

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - Chester Stone - 03-17-2013

I cannot imagine needing or wanting three couches, no dining area, and no storage under a king size bed.

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - rheavn - 03-17-2013

"How exactly does that Murphy bed work. He's anybody ever replaced one with a king bed?"

Jimmy,
I missed your question. The Murphy bed swivels up and appears as a wooded furniture piece and part of the wall opposite the sofa or theater chairs. On what is the bottom of the Murphy bed is a large, usually 42", tv. So when the Murphy bed is stowed you end up with a wide open theater room, a large tv and a sofa or theater chairs to watch. For when the bed is down, there is a tv mounted above the sofa or theater chairs to watch from the bed. When the Murphy bed is stowed and both slides are in you would be able to walk to the rear bath. With a "normal" Newell bed you would not be able to walk to the rear bath. So there are some real advantages to this setup.

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - pgchin - 03-18-2013

Yeah,
this is a really nice rig, I could make the floor plan and Murphy bed work .I toured online about 5-6 05's and the colors of this one in and out just make me smile! Oh Well, ........ I need some more "schoolin" on your species here!TongueWink

RE: Newell at Motorhomes of Texas - Jimmy daniel - 03-18-2013

The murphy bed set up is not for me. I like a nice big bed and a big tv right in front of me!!