You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Common air leak places - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Air Operated Systems and Leaks (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Common air leak places (/showthread.php?tid=59)

Pages: 1 2

Common air leak places - encantotom - 08-02-2012

ok,

to find leaks is an artform. listening for big ones....sparying windex or soapy water to find bubbles, using various leak detectors to listen....everyone has their ways.

i have found them all the ways.

1. i have replace a couple of the small air dryers/water seperators that were leaking

2. loose connections

3. solenoids at manifolds.

4. my engine air dryer was leaking

5. a couple of the brake porportioning valves for the tag were leaking.

6. my emergency parking brake was leaking under the dash at the seal on the push pull rod.

tom

RE: Common air leak places - bikestuff - 08-02-2012

Add airbags to the list.

When I replaced my rear airbags, I suddenly found that both of my air gauges were reading about 50 higher than they were. Also, my air compressor runs far less frequently than it did. I did not ever hear a leak around airbags nor did I do a windex inspection...but the circumstantial evidence points to my airbags as one of the guilty parties.

bill

RE: Common air leak places - rheavn - 08-02-2012

Add: Check all the welds on your air tanks. If the tanks are not drained regularly it is common for pin holes to develop in the welds. I've repaired a couple using JB Weld.

RE: Common air leak places - Fulltiming - 08-02-2012

If you take a look at my Gallery, you will see the welded repairs on pinholes in my upper brake air tank.

RE: Common air leak places - HoosierDaddy - 11-27-2016

My air solenoid for the step cover is leaking. It is Aro p/n a212sd 012 d 919 . Has anyone found a good source for these. ?

RE: Common air leak places - Land Yacht - 11-27-2016

(08-02-2012, 04:53 PM)rheavn Wrote:  Add:  Check all the welds on your air tanks.  If the tanks are not drained regularly it is common for pin holes to develop in the welds.  I've repaired a couple using JB Weld.

How many tanks are there? I know of the one up front by the compressor and gen blower. Mine has a device that I push a button to drain regularly. Are there others that I need to be draining? When they installed the toad Air Force One system, I saw a tank in a rear compartment on passenger side, but I don't have one of those water draining devices on it.

RE: Common air leak places - rheavn - 11-28-2016

For your vintage coach, with a tank in the genset blower compartment you should have 11.

RE: Common air leak places - Land Yacht - 11-28-2016

(11-28-2016, 05:45 AM)rheavn Wrote:  For your vintage coach, with a tank in the genset blower compartment you should have 11.

11??? Oh my, I guess I have some serious research to learn the entire air systems on this coach... I am not sure whether to laugh or cry Huh

RE: Common air leak places - folivier - 11-28-2016

Some of those tanks will be built into the frame and may be difficult to locate. After blocking the coach, crawl around underneath and look for either a plug or drain valve.

RE: Common air leak places - rooster - 11-29-2016

I rebuilt mine. The kit is from Eric Bender, [email protected] 800 332 4336 ext 1164. Item # 11859712 00. Easy rebuild. Remove snap rings and slide will come right out. Pete Coach 174