You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Future Newell owner - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Please introduce yourself (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Future Newell owner (/showthread.php?tid=5951)

Future Newell owner - Dhead - 03-07-2021

I have had a couple of older Foretravels (93 and 95) and with my new wife we decided to get another RV. Choices were another Foretravel or a Newell or Prevost. I'm never going to be a new RV owner even if I won the lotto. Unfortunately the newer Foretravels quality and design has gone down after 2005 with the new owners. Pretty quickly we decided on Newell. There was a time around 2005 when I was looking at RVs, the owner of Newell would text online, which really impressed me.
Anyway, we expect to buy a 2005 or 2006 in the next 6 to 18 months. I'm trying to stay in the $250-300K range. 2005 because they shifted over to the Cat 15 liter and especially the ZF tag axle.
I am interested in finding out which years they switched to the 12 speed trans, and the electric steering. I figure I will run across that info here...
I've slowed my texting the last few years without a motorhome - I was a Foretravel guru for about 10 years. Not sure I will ever be a Newell guru, but I'm happy to talk to some!

Dave Head 64 years young, retired Master Chief, current Sr. Systems Engineer, BD.com
Megan Westbrook, my wonderful bride.
Oviedo FL

RE: Future Newell owner - Fulltiming - 03-07-2021

Welcome Dave. Most of the 2004's had the ZF steerable tags (all after 696 and 3 before that). However, the C-15 didn't show up until 2005 and even then it was primarily Series 60 Detroits. #750 and 751, a couple of the last 2005's had the C-15 and the ZF transmission. By #763 in 2006, virtually all Newells had the ZF steerable tag, the ZF transmission and the C-15. I don't know when the EasiSteer electric steering was introduced. The first one that I specifically noted EasiSteer on was #796, a 2007. Then there were scattered coaches with EasiSteer during 2007-2010. EasiSteer didn't become standard on all Newells until deliveries in or after July 2011 (mid 2012 models) and could be added to some prior models.

RE: Future Newell owner - hbens - 03-07-2021

Hello Dave and welcome to the Newell Gurus Family.
I'm close to being your neighbor over here in Port Orange. I also work near you just south of UCF.
Good luck on finding the right Newell for you and your bride.

RE: Future Newell owner - Richard - 03-08-2021

Welcome Dave.

Good luck on your coach hunt.

RE: Future Newell owner - Latitude 28 - 03-08-2021

Welcome Dave and Megan,
We to, are for all practical purposes, neighbors...located on the Northern terminus of The Villages. Good luck on your search.

RE: Future Newell owner - Ted Ave - 03-09-2021

welcome dave, I have owned 20 U320 foretravel in my business and 6 prevost in my business and now 2 newell in my retirement after selling my business. Newell is the best. The reason i got 2 newell is that i bought a 2004 with series 60 and allison and now a 2005 with cat. I liked the 2004 better drive and ride but i needed steerable tag to get it into a tight turn on my garrage. So I am selling my 2004 now that i moved into my 2005. I have it listed on rvtrader. Look it up if interested.

Ted Ave bus guy for life and 2 newell owner.
2004 and 2005

RE: Future Newell owner - Mageeacres - 04-21-2021

Welcome Sr. Chief Dave and Megan.
Good luck on your search
USNR Ph2 ... USS Inchon, USS Stennis, USS Carl Vinson, NAS Dallas

RE: Future Newell owner - Dhead - 04-21-2021

Why thank you... Once we get these houses sold, we will find the right one...