You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Roof AC 2 zones out! - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Air Conditioning (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Roof AC 2 zones out! (/showthread.php?tid=647)

Pages: 1 2 3

Roof AC 2 zones out! - les korcala - 03-29-2013

I noticed that we are running only 2 AC's in our coach !
#1 ( front ) and #3 are out!
climbed on the roof and took the covers out , looks like all the wires are conected etc. not sure whatelse to look for?

Its firts time thsi months we started to use them & not sure if they always worked?

The front one was replaced in 03' and other 3 are original 2000
Somone mentioned that inverter could be set on 30 amps and its only kick in 2 AC units , is that passible?

Is anyone has any tips what to looks for?
Wanted to reset the termostat but ours is 5 buttom type and my manual shows 4 uttoms type and wont tell you how to re set it

PS: just had installed solar shade 95 on our winshield and side windows , looks great!! cant wait to hit some sun with it and see the temps go down! I also bought bubble type silver sun screen barrier rated at 87% and cut to fit our front windshield, we hope thi upgrade will take some edge of the sun.

Les

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - bikestuff - 03-29-2013

Les,

Do you have Amp and Volt meters above the driver? What are you seeing?

Bill

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - folivier - 03-29-2013

Les I have the manual for the Dometic 5 button thermostat if this is what you need.
PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - les korcala - 03-29-2013

(03-29-2013, 04:14 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  Les,

Do you have Amp and Volt meters above the driver? What are you seeing?

Bill

Just checked meter

Volts meter :
L-1 123V
L-2 121V

Ampers meter

L-1 40 Amp
L-2 30Amp

That is with 2 AC's on and running

I noticed my wife was taking shower and amp on one jumped from 10 -40 Amp ( I think is becouse Aqua hot kicked in same time )

BTW this resort is wired for 200Volts lots of clean power here!

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - rheavn - 03-29-2013

Les,
Sounds like you're running your AquaHot on electric. That will shut off a/c #1 & #3. Put your AquaHot on diesel, shut off the electric & you're good to go!

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - Express1 - 03-30-2013

With you on that one Steve. Twice on Cannon's coach we did the same and scratched our heads for about 30 seconds. Duh!

Hope that is Les's issue...

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - rheavn - 03-30-2013

Les, come off that roof before you fall!Rolleyes

Here is the explanation for those that have basement air, but some day may have a roof air coach. Newell blocks out or shuts off a/c #1 & #3 when the electric AquaHot is switched on to keep the owner from putting their coach in a overpower condition. A/c #1 and a/c #3 are on opposite legs. They do put some signage by the electric AquaHot switch, but its hard for me to see without my glasses.

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - encantotom - 03-30-2013

steve, on the basement air coaches, it shuts off the aircons as well.

tom

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - rheavn - 03-30-2013

Thanks for the info Tom. As you can tell my knowledge of basement airs is zero.

RE: Roof AC 2 zones out! - encantotom - 03-30-2013

what i dont remember is if it shuts off 2 of them or all 4. anyone know for sure?

tom