You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
pull cable tank drains - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Air Operated Systems and Leaks (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: pull cable tank drains (/showthread.php?tid=65)

Pages: 1 2

pull cable tank drains - encantotom - 08-02-2012

i know there are varied opinions on these.

i had them on my wet tanks in my 90 and put them on my 2002.

two of them up front and one at the rear. i still do the wet tank in the passenger wheelwell by hand.

these are under then bucks apiece at truck supply places. i bought mine at ryderfleetproducts.

the two cables at the front come out through the bay wall in the bay to the right of the entry door. you can see the cables on the right hand side

the rear tank one comes out between the tag and drive tires on the drivers side. a simple yank and you drain the water.

tom

RE: pull cable tank drains - Express1 - 08-03-2012

Hey Tom, How important is this. I drain mine during Oil change 8,000 miles. Never had crazy amount of water anywhere.

RE: pull cable tank drains - whatsnewell - 08-03-2012

I've only drained my two tanks once....at the last oil change....hardly any water came out.....maybe a shot glass full out of each. I can't even imagine getting water in your tank in Arizona....it's sooo dry. I would think you, Matt, would be more likely to have water in your tank being in a humid climate.....of course you're not storing it in Louisiana are you? I think Reno is pretty dry, too.

RE: pull cable tank drains - Fulltiming - 08-03-2012

When I was staying in Newport Beach, CA, I always seemed to have water in my air tanks. If you run the 120 volt air compressor much without adding a water separator you will have water in the tanks unless you live in the desert like Tom.

RE: pull cable tank drains - encantotom - 08-03-2012

my 110v compressor on the 90 would get moisture in the water separator in the summer monsoon season and that is not very humid.

i think you have to gauge for yourself how important it is. my 2002 had a lot of water in the wet tanks when i got it. but when i used the pull cables while on my trip i didnt get any more than a few drops. when i drained the tank in the passenger rear wheel bay it was only a couple of drops too. but my water separator for my air door in the bay had a few teaspoons. i have a number of plastic/metal small water separators in mine. one for the air door, one for each slide airbag seal, one for the toilets, one for the front air compressor and one in the engine bay.

it is a tradeoff. if you get lots of moisture in your tanks, you will get rust.

tom

RE: pull cable tank drains - Express1 - 08-04-2012

Pretty dry in Reno, its rained once since February. I call that DRY.

RE: pull cable tank drains - tuga - 08-05-2012

I live in south Louisiana, and I always have water in the 120v air compressor in the generator slide bay. I drain it every time I start the generator.

The under the coach tanks are drained about once a year, they have very little water. The air tank for the 12v air compressor in the p/s fender well has very little water.

The air/water filter in the generator bay has the most water for some reason. Who knows?

RE: pull cable tank drains - lbrachfe - 08-11-2012

I found that mine are all dry except the compressor tank in the front bay and I empty that once a month since the previous owner removed the air dryer and tank. Newell told me no need for installing an air dryer there as long as I keep emptying it monthly. In the humid Florida weather I get about a 1/4 cup monthly and the rear tanks, toilet, rear compressor dryer and door are always dry.

RE: pull cable tank drains - bikestuff - 08-12-2012

The tank in my front bay (next to 120V compressor) has a little screw thingy that allows you to drain the tank. I use this on a pretty frequent basis...but the water that comes out is all rusty and ends up gunking up the bay. Is there a better solution? Do you guys have any plumbing to get rid of the water?

bill

RE: pull cable tank drains - folivier - 08-12-2012

I changed out the little separator on mine to one I got from an auto parts place that I could attach a plastic hose to and just run the hose out the bay when I drain it.