You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
input air supply - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Air Operated Systems and Leaks (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: input air supply (/showthread.php?tid=6707)

Pages: 1 2

input air supply - [email protected] - 04-04-2022

I want to use an external air compressor temporally to provide air pressure to the coach. I can't find an input for the air.
I have 2 air outlets in the PS engine bay. High pressure and Pnuematic tools .
I think those are outputs thru an air pressure increaser.
is there a plug to put air in to the system (like when you have to tow the RV)

Thanks in advance

RE: input air supply - MrE - 04-04-2022

I use two coupled male connectors to connect my air hose from my home compressor.

RE: input air supply - johnkosir - 04-04-2022

On 712, double male into the lower fitting turn the valve on and back feed the coach

RE: input air supply - Richard - 04-05-2022

When your make your double ended male fitting, place a quarter turn valve between the fittings. If you don’t, the first time you use it, you will know why :-)

RE: input air supply - [email protected] - 04-06-2022

OK, Plugged external air compressor to the input port in the engine compartment. 

I have a weak aux pump and am camping in one spot for a while, so I want to save the onboard pumps.
was unsure about back feeding the air thru the Booster Regulator so I called Newell and was told its OK.

I bought an air compressor at Harbor Freight.
Working well providing on board air.
Good unit, quieter than the Thomas units I have on board and put out more CFM.

This is where I will plug in air for towing.

Thanks for the help.
Gary

RE: input air supply - Richard - 04-07-2022

Gary,

What do you mean “air for towing”?

RE: input air supply - [email protected] - 04-07-2022

if the coach has to be towed the tow truck will plug air into the supply line to keep air bags inflated.

RE: input air supply - Richard - 04-07-2022

Ah good !

That could have been interpreted as plugging in the air line for an M&G toad braking system. Which would not have resulted in a good outcome.

Thanks for clearing that up.

RE: input air supply - [email protected] - 04-08-2022

I think you can use it for in and out.

RE: input air supply - DK on the road - 04-12-2022

I have a problem, I am using auxiliary air in my shop and I am not filling my coach's system.
I have 110 PSI at the double male coupler.
I have the quarter turn valve open.
The plastics output air line has PSI but the line disappears into a bundle of lines that feed the air bags on the back of the coach.

I must have a check valve stuck or something, I'm just not sure which tank the air goes to first. The system works well when the normal Coach's air compressor is turned on.