You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Buying used Newell - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: General and or Other Stuff (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: General (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Buying used Newell (/showthread.php?tid=671)

Buying used Newell - qcj - 04-05-2013

I am looking at a 99 Newell #505 and would like to contact the
factory in order to find out what has been done to coach. Who and what # to call? Thanks Chappell

RE: Buying used Newell - encantotom - 04-05-2013

call the newell factory number

Telephone
Toll-free: 1-888-3NEWELL (1-888-363-9355)
Voice: 1-918-542-3344

ask for the service department and anyone there can help you. they have been very helpful to me in doing this exact thing.

they will only of course have the records for what they did.

feel free to call or contact any of us for questions on it as well. there are alot of us here with that vintage of coach so a lot of helpers here.

good luck!

tom

RE: Buying used Newell - qcj - 04-05-2013

Thanks Tom for the reply. I noticed the coach was built March 1998, but owners claim it is a 99?? Chappell

RE: Buying used Newell - encantotom - 04-05-2013

that is the way they all are. my 90 was build in 89. my 02 was built in 01.

if you look at the newellcoach website, they have already made 15 plus 2014 model year coaches.

not sure what that is, but seems to be consistent.

tom

RE: Buying used Newell - rheavn - 04-05-2013

Chappell,
I own coach #531 and the build sheet shows a date of 5-10-98. Remember these are custom coaches that take quite a while to build. My coach was not completed until very late 1998 or early 1999. I base this on that there is a modification sheet dated 11-24-1998 as part of the build sheet.

Tom is right, they do seem to be a model year ahead. FYI there were seven 1999 model Newells built after mine and the last one was manufactured with the "smiley face" front end that became the 2000 standard. Coach #505 is very close to the first 1999 model built.

Good luck with your search......................

RE: Buying used Newell - tuga - 04-05-2013

qcj,

My 1999 Newell is coach # 512 so it rolled off of the line in early 1999.

I was told that if a coach is finished on the 2nd day of January of a certain year; that is the model year for that coach. So a coach that was started on in mid 1998 and is completed on or after January 2, 1999 it is a 1999.

Hope this helps.

Also, Newell will not send you copies of the invoices on a particular coach; however, you can drive to the factory and they will let you look at the invoices. They may also discuss what was done to a coach but this is time consuming and they are pretty busy folks most of the time.

The best thing to do is to drive there and thumb thru the invoices. You can learn a lot by taking a trip to the factory if you haven't been there already.

Good luck

RE: Buying used Newell - qcj - 04-07-2013

Thanks to all for the information. We learn a lot from you guys that are in the know. I own a Foretravel right now but looking at Newells. I like my Foretravel but am going to have to get a Newell out of my system. The more I look at them the more I like. Chappell