You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus
Brake warning light switch leaking - Printable Version

+- Newell Gurus (https://newellgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Technical Discussions (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Air Operated Systems and Leaks (https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Brake warning light switch leaking (/showthread.php?tid=7718)

Pages: 1 2

Brake warning light switch leaking - BusNit - 12-03-2023

I have noticed my compressor running from 4.5 hours to 1.5. I hate leaks and went on a search to see where the new one was popping up from. If it weren't for the pit, I would not have been able to get to the source which is next to the brake protection valve. I dirtied up a good jacket vest not thinking I would spend my Sunday under the coach. Well, there it was blowing bubbles. Curious what the opinions are on replacing the brake protection valve while I am in there? I also noticed the solenoid for what I believe is the tag axle dump is leaking. Not sure where to find that part. I am lucky enough to still have excellent hearing as these two leaks were super silent in nature but enough I could pick them up. The last pic is another solenoid I need to replace if anyone has a part number.

Thanks!

RE: Brake warning light switch leaking - Richard - 12-03-2023

That last one is for the differential lock. Nothing fancy about it, GIGGLE 12V 1/4 NPT air solenoid and you will find lots.

And yes replace PPV while you are in there.

RE: Brake warning light switch leaking - BusNit - 12-03-2023

Thanks Richard. I was hoping not to hear the words "Yes while you're in there" but my gut feeling said the same thing!   Big Grin

RE: Brake warning light switch leaking - Richard - 12-03-2023

AND replace every fitting you can reach with a compression fitting. You are in this coach for the long haul for the moolah you have spent. Make the ankle biting problems start to disappear when you can.

Almost everything underneath has been replaced with compression. The last remaining are on the diff lock solenoid and everything inside and under the dash. I am dealing with a short circuit on the bedroom heaters. Troubleshot the wiring issue to behind a cabinet where a bunch of ductwork is fastened basically one of the only areas I cannot physically reach without removing floor to ceiling cabinets. My plan is to abandon that circuit which also feeds the rear A/C and run a new line all around the rear using the space behind the cove moldings and rear wall cabinets. The short is on the load out to the heaters. Regardless, I would feel safer to abandon that line since I can't put eyes on it. So disappointed as this is still a massive amount of work that I really do not feel like doing. This all failed when we went to the rally so I can't blame anyone other than time.

(12-03-2023, 11:04 AM)Richard Wrote:  That last one is for the differential lock. Nothing fancy about it, GIGGLE 12V 1/4 NPT air solenoid and you will find lots.

And yes replace PPV while you are in there.

Richard, I would think the solenoid I am looking for is normally closed? Reason I ask is there are two versions. One is NO and the other is NC until power is applied. I haven't gone back outside. So wiped out today. Father in law is sick and has begun the transfer of sickness to my wife and I.

Thank you as always

RE: Brake warning light switch leaking - Richard - 12-04-2023

I think it is NC otherwise the valve would be sending air to the diff lock all the time

RE: Brake warning light switch leaking - BusNit - 12-04-2023

I found this one. Pricey but I trust the rubber compounds used in it. I will head to the local FleetPride branch and see if they have it in stock. It is listed as an axle control valve. I get constant coupons sent to me.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiLifPD_fWCAxV6IEQIHRvEDuIQFnoECBoQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fleetpride.com%2Fparts%2Fair-system%2Fair-valves%2Fsolenoid-valve%2Fhaldex-solenoid-valve-kn68230&usg=AOvVaw1AfF6avJxFnWQrCtRsAn4m&opi=89978449

RE: Brake warning light switch leaking - BusNit - 12-15-2023

Been dealing with what felt like covid symptoms for the last week or so. Today was a better day so I got under the coach and removed the BPV assembly. I put in new fittings although the originals were compression and not leaking but since I paid a visit to my buddy at FleetPride last week, I picked up a bunch of new fittings. I haven't aired up the coach yet since I still need to put the Haldex diff lock solenoid in. I truly hope there are no leaks and this helps resolve the compressor from coming on every hour or so. For sure the brake low pressure switch had a decent leak as did the diff solenoid.

RE: Brake warning light switch leaking - Richard - 12-16-2023

That was clever, remove the assembly instead of individual components