You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Insurance

The price of insurance has a lot to do as to where you live. My 99 with full insurance and $1000. deductible is about $750 a year in Nacogdoches, TX. a town of about 30,000. But if I lived in Houston, it probably be double or even triple that. If I lived in it full time it would probably would be more. I think the insurance company figure on one driving their coach 5 to 7,000 miles a year and most of us are mature and experienced drivers.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

if any of you have blue sky rv insurance, be prepared for your next years bill.

i talked to them today as i am relooking at all of our insurance and they said my rate for the next year would be going up about 40%.

each state has different rates, but that is what they estimated my increase would be.

the reason i got was that the last few years rv companies have gone out of business, making body repairs more costly as availability of body parts has gone done.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Almost worth just self-insure for everything except. Liability

Jimmy

They (blue sky) wouldn't even insure us. Said we had too many vehicles, too many houses and too much land. It was truly comical to talk to them. Almost made you feel like you were talking to cousin Delbert about hunting squirrels. How do they survive?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

What are your current thoughts on insurance? Mine just doubled to $6000 / year. With no chargeable wrecks!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Ours has at least doubled with Progressive... we are looking also. Got a quote from State Farm but I don’t think the coverages they have will work. Will talk to them tomorrow and let you know. We are in AL btw.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

I use Overland insurance services, Ron Jarvie 800-677-4027 RVins.com. He shops it but since I am full time Progresive is who I use. I only insure for $300k because my umbrella policy kicks in above that. My last bill was $2200.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Try getting a uote through Foremost.

Ok, So I have a new coach policy. Ron Jarvie with Overland found a policy with Safeco (See Mike Ginn's post for contact info). I am back to the same ballpark cost as I had before the increase.

Ron was super responsive and helpful.

So...if you are shopping....try Ron.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Were you able to get an”agreed value “ policy or is it an “ACV”. I have had safeco for years but I live in Kansas and they do not write “agreed” policies. Just curious I here many companies are not writing agreed value anymore.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks