You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Insurance

getting an agreed value is a tough one. to be honest, i have had good luck when vehicles get totaled with insurance.

i know the wanderlodge gang likes agreed value as that is where i have read about it the most

i was told the insurance company i have until summer is no longer doing newells and prevost's. will see when it is time

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I think the what if, scares me. I have had motorhome insurance for 10 years, and thankfully never had to make a claim. When I call for insurance they ask “ how much is it worth or what’s the value” we always want enough dollar figure to cover for the what if, or sometimes we think our coach is worth more than it might be, that’s were it’s hard to say. I have said how much is my premium if I value it at 80k , then I think maybe I should lower it to 50k so I can have the better rate.

That’s what is difficult with ACV policy. They will take my money for the 80k policy, but if I had a loss how much would they really pay. I get a uneasy feeling when they are ready to charge me more on the 80k policy, or I can choose the 50k, they said they will take my value minus depreciation, blah, blah.

I have not had a claim to find out what they will really do. If I have the ACV I’m sure they can say it’s only worth 40k and that’s all it’s worth. I say I told them it was worth 80k when I setup my policy, then they say it’s an ACV policy, we did not agree to 80k.

My thoughts??? Any good comments 
Thanks

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

The way that I think about this is to go with the highest rated company that I can find and then put it out of my mind. In the several years that I have owned my coach and been a member of the gurus, I have only heard of one coach that was a total loss. (I have seen a few coaches at the factory which were probably close to total losses)

My experience is currently that its gonna be pretty hard to be choosy buying insurance. Several carriers have gotten out of the RV business, others don’t write Newells or Prevost, and some (my experience) just jack up the rates so much that you voluntarily go somewhere else.

Pay your money and takes your chances! Of course, your mileage may vary.
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I think the what if, scares me. I have had motorhome insurance for 10 years, and thankfully never had to make a claim. When I call for insurance they ask “ how much is it worth or what’s the value” we always want enough dollar figure to cover for the what if, or sometimes we think our coach is worth more than it might be, that’s were it’s hard to say. I have said how much is my premium if I value it at 80k , then I think maybe I should lower it to 50k so I can have the better rate.

That’s what is difficult with ACV policy. They will take my money for the 80k policy, but if I had a loss how much would they really pay. I get a uneasy feeling when they are ready to charge me more on the 80k policy, or I can choose the 50k, they said they will take my value minus depreciation, blah, blah.

I have not had a claim to find out what they will really do. If I have the ACV I’m sure they can say it’s only worth 40k and that’s all it’s worth. I say I told them it was worth 80k when I setup my policy, then they say it’s an ACV policy, we did not agree to 80k.

My thoughts??? Any good comments 
Thanks

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks