You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Renewal increase

Rate just went from 2200 to 3500 no tickets no accidents no claims..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Yep mine went from 800 to 1500. About the same percentage increase you saw. Crazy thing is we pay almost as much for the Class B as the Newell. Go figure.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

mine just went from 1100 to 1800 last november. i use blue sky.

i got quotes from others and they were all substantially higher.

i was flabergasted to say the least. no accidents or tickets.

i spent a lot of time talking to the agent and he said it was because they were so much lower than anyone else they had to raise it to make money.

he also said he believes it is because rv repair has gotten out of control expensive. in particular there are alot of rv manufacturers that are no longer in business and no longer offer replacement parts (i am just saying what he did)

btw, moving to the country in wittmann raised it like 15 bucks i guess because scoundrals like you all come visit and cant be trusted? ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am with blue sky as well

Marc Newman

Mine is $2,043 with National Interstate. Recently renewed.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Marc,

This is an obvious one. Your insurance company has already factored in you purchasing another Newell in the very near future! ?

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

One explanation given to me years ago is that Insurance companies will hold the line on prices in order to entice business away from other companies then raise rates once they have made inroads into new markets. Once I decided that there was no benefit to me being loyal to a company I started "shopping" different companies every 3-5 years. Now needing insurance on my Bed and Breakfast/restaurant has limited the choices but Auto-Owners has been very competitive and with very good service so they are getting all of my P and C business.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

We have Gieco and insure our 2 cars and Newell in a package deal.  Our annual premium for all three is $3400 and is the exact same as last year. Just paid the bill in Nov...... Go figure. No Tickets but 2 claims. One was both windshields replaced and the other when I was side swiped making a turn and that was a $7000 claim...

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

We had Blue Sky through Thum and just got a notice that ours is going from $3554 to $5542 and that's a quote from National Interstate. Calling Geico tomorrow. Something isn't right with the deductible. If anyone has other quotes let me know. The model year may have something to do with it but Yikes!

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com

Same company one year older coach. If I go to 5k deductible its 3000 per year

Marc Newman