You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tank Level Sensors

Bill - Not totally sure I understand your question. The rubber plug is an essential part of the replacement part you are making. One must seal around the screw you will be using as a tank sensor. I bought black rubber plugs , maybe rubber stopper would be a better description. It’s OD must match hole diameter. You then drill a hole in the stopper to insert the screw. When you tighten things up at the end it expands the stopper making a water tight seal. Hope this helps. If your probes are not corroded away I guess there could be other problems with the electronics. But, since mine was so bad it was leaking water I had to deal with it. Good luck

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ, Yes that is the question. I was trying to get my parts together before I started messing with the "sensors". I am not sure where to start looking for rubber stoppers and cannot measure the OD of hole until I start tearing apart. I might do what you did and go for the top one first and use it as the model.

Any metal submerged in water for 15 years is gonna start corroding. I am assuming that I will be very similar to your situation.

Thanks for the great write up!

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Not sure if these are the correct diameter, but you get the point. These are for a 3/8 hole, I think based on the comments.

https://www.amazon.com/KIB-MP5-Screw-in-...B007HRRC6E

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Bill - Did a little digging. Looks like I ordered from McMaster-Carr - Their P/N 9286K83 for use with a 3/8" hole. Hope this helps. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004