You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cesana Curved Shower parts list

A HUGE shout out to Tom for coming to my rescue!! I was able to figure out the shower and will breath a sigh of relief when the shower is back together.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

My turn to have a Cesana adventure has come around.  Thanks to all who have gone before for the excellent resources.    Here's the report:
Rough Colorado roads shook loose a number of things, including my shower door secured in the closed position (now I know better.)    We stopped to investigate banging in the back and found the door hanging from the flexible track; the top curved tube was lying in the shower.    Checked in with Newell and https://www.ebay.com/usr/bagnoericambi?ul_noapp=true.    The latter offered the two replacement joints (P/N MRN072298AS,) including shipping from Italy at about half the Newell price.    And they arrived in less than a week.
Removing the stubs of the broken joints required impact as noted.    It took a lot less force after I drilled out the dimples or stakes that secured the splines in the top tubes - see photos.    I tapped and added a 1/4-20" set screw to each side to replace the drilled out stake.  This made the side connections more solid than original.    Fitting the middle curve back between the two joints required "flexing" the sides of the stall.  Nothing was bent or broken, but I wouldn't want to push it any further.    After tightening all fasteners and reinstalling the top monorail, the door functions better than ever.    I suspect the joints had begun to crack long ago, as the door had sagged a bit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

Cesana shower door Parts are still available in the United States call 410-641-5004 ask for Pam

Also they have a limited amount of replacement shower doors that no longer exist anywhere

Plus recently remanufacture bottom door clips to secure door from swinging out

Make sure you mention seeing this on Newell Coach 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When these parts are gone maybe someone could print the plastic parts with a 3D printer?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Wow, some great info here! I have a Country Coach Lexa that has the same shower, and same issues, I hope it's ok if a non (Yet!) Newell owner takes advantage of all your expertise!

Before I snap the joints by trying to push up my sagging middle bar, I can't quite tell if the joints have an adjustment screw - in CKNuth's great pictures in Post #52, I see a Phillips head screw in the joints at http://newellgurus.com/attachment.php?aid=8154 (image 10 of 14), that I think might be accessible through the plug in the center round piece. Does that adjust the 'tension' of the center piece at all, or is it a fixed location?

From the pics, it looks like that Phillips screw might replace the Allen screw in older/original versions, is that the adjuster that some have tried (to varying success)? Such as in the comment by bikestuff in Post #7 "There are adjustment screws at the top of door inside the little round thingy. (Look at Tom's document at top of thread for instructions)." and I'm not quite sure which screw and round thingy is being referred to, is it the Allen screw (that might now be Phillips on replacement joints)?

I figured I'd try this before trying Chester Stone's 2x4 and jack in post #8, given the # of broken joints I've seen on this thread :-)  Chester, did you hang the 2x4 below the center piece from the two ends, and jack the middle up using the two ends? (ie. ratchet straps at the ends, a little slack at first, then tightening?) I'm trying to picture exactly how you did this.

Cheers!

-Jim

there is no adjustment screw. i took mine totally apart and was able to bend it slightly to be back in place. those joints are cast and seem to be fairly brittle.

you are more than welcome here on the gurus forum.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(11-16-2020, 02:36 PM)cknuth Wrote:  My turn to have a Cesana adventure has come around.  Thanks to all who have gone before for the excellent resources.    Here's the report:
Rough Colorado roads shook loose a number of things, including my shower door secured in the closed position (now I know better.)    We stopped to investigate banging in the back and found the door hanging from the flexible track; the top curved tube was lying in the shower.    Checked in with Newell and https://www.ebay.com/usr/bagnoericambi?ul_noapp=true.    The latter offered the two replacement joints (P/N MRN072298AS,) including shipping from Italy at about half the Newell price.    And they arrived in less than a week.
Removing the stubs of the broken joints required impact as noted.    It took a lot less force after I drilled out the dimples or stakes that secured the splines in the top tubes - see photos.    I tapped and added a 1/4-20" set screw to each side to replace the drilled out stake.  This made the side connections more solid than original.    Fitting the middle curve back between the two joints required "flexing" the sides of the stall.  Nothing was bent or broken, but I wouldn't want to push it any further.    After tightening all fasteners and reinstalling the top monorail, the door functions better than ever.    I suspect the joints had begun to crack long ago, as the door had sagged a bit.

Thanks for the detailed information! 
Your photos show the same problem as I have. Your chrome connectors/splices (items #4 and #9 on part lists) broke the same way at the same spot as mine did.
And the earlier post by @pairodice, Post#16, seems also the same damage.
A simple splice as a mechanical fastening device break so easily. I wonder if it's a quality issue or something else. Expensive but low quality?

And I found a website you can order Cesana parts online.
https://www.realserviceonline.it/

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

I need the following items. Can someone please confirm (or refute) the item showing on eBay, mrn072298as, it can be used as a substitute for Part# 722-97 and Part# 722-98?

A) Chrome Connector, Part# 722-97, Quantity 1

B) Chrome Connector, Part# 722-98, Quantity 1

C) Roller Support, Part# 722-13, Quantity 2

D) Bottom Door Clips, Part# 722-52, Quantity 2

Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

I had one replaced on my shower & that looks like it will work. I've ordered from Italy and received the parts amazingly fast.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(11-08-2022, 07:24 PM)rheavn Wrote:  I had one replaced on my shower & that looks like it will work.  I've ordered from Italy and received the parts amazingly fast.

Thanks for your feedback, so you bought this Cesana part# MRN072298AS and it worked as a substitute? Could you specify which part number did you replace with it? Please note Tom's Parts and 2008 price list show three(3) different kinds of Chrome Connectors.  Is MRN072298AS as one style fits all type?