You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash A/C heater fan switch

Since I have owned my coach my dash fan switch has always been 3 very low and one high and since I usually run it on high it has not been much of a problem.  This last trip there was times that low was not enough and high was too much so I decided to check into the problem.  So I started with the blower switch.  I took it out and saw it was made by Ford.  Googled it and was unable to find the exact one and the old #s did not match, so took to the local Ford dealer.  They did not have it in stock but would have it this morning at 8:00.  Picked it up and installed it and still did not fix the problem.  I then followed the wires to the socket that was plugged into the input for the fan motor. It did not look like it was plugged in far enough.  So I unplugged it and one of the thin blades as bent down.  Bent it back straight, plugged it back in and now I have a four speed fan motor.  This probably happened when the coach was being built.  The blades are very thin and are easy to bend.
So if someone of you are having fan speed problem check the fan socket first. The switch was $27.00.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

(05-26-2017, 10:47 AM)qcj Wrote:  Since I have owned my coach my dash fan switch has always been 3 very low and one high and since I usually run it on high it has not been much of a problem.  This last trip there was times that low was not enough and high was too much so I decided to check into the problem.  So I started with the blower switch.  I took it out and saw it was made by Ford.  Googled it and was unable to find the exact one and the old #s did not match, so took to the local Ford dealer.  They did not have it in stock but would have it this morning at 8:00.  Picked it up and installed it and still did not fix the problem.  I then followed the wires to the socket that was plugged into the input for the fan motor. It did not look like it was plugged in far enough.  So I unplugged it and one of the thin blades as bent down.  Bent it back straight, plugged it back in and now I have a four speed fan motor.  This probably happened when the coach was being built.  The blades are very thin and are easy to bend.
So if someone of you are having fan speed problem check the fan socket first. The switch was $27.00.

May I ask where you access this plug?  Where is the motor located?  Do I have to remove a section of the dash?  Thanks in advance!!!

Bryan

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP