You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot puzzle

Is it necessary to have water in the fresh water tank to run the aquahot? I usually drain our fresh water   If not in use for more than a month.

Bob,

No freshwater is needed to run the heater function and engine preheat function.

BUT, you can not EVER drain all the freshwater from the Aqua Hot heater coils. So if the heater is off in freezing conditions, please, please call me for a new heater to replace the frozen cracked freshwater coils.

Winterizing the freshwater coils with pink freshwater antifreeze or leaving the electric element switch on even on a 20 amp service will protect the freshwater coils. Do not loose grid power for very long if using this method in freezing conditions.

Hope this helps you.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Thanks Rudy,
When not in use our unit stays in our heated shop. Good to know though just in case.

I do not have the manual for our Aquahot and want to know what fluid do I fill the tank with? Water or antifreeze? It heats just fine but the overflow tank is empty when cold.
Thanks

Dario Perini

#581 2001 45'8"

Here is an option.

Roger Berke is the Aqua-Hot expert.

http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forum.php

Dale
2013 Newell #1472

Dario, Your Aqua Hot heater is of the older design in which the fresh water coils are not inside the coolant tank allowing one to use engine antifreeze, what ever you use in the engine and generator.

With the heater cooled down, remove the radiator cap and fill the coolant tank lipping full of 50/50 engine antifreeze. Check radiator cap for good gasket. If you need one, it is a 13 lb cap at all auto part stores.

Replace the cap and start the diesel burner. When it cycles off, fill the overflow tank to the hot line. As the tank cools, the overflow tank level should go down some. If it does not go down, the overflow hose and/or the radiator cap is not air tight. That needs attention.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy

Thank you for the advice, I will follow your directions.

Dario Perini

#581  2001 45'8"