You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tie rod ends

Hello everyone I have coach 469, a 1998 Newell, and I’m looking for information on tie-rods and drag links. My shop says they’re obsolete so having a hard time finding some. I’ve left messages at Newell, but waiting to hear back. Would anyone by chance happen to know a source where I could find these or even a part number? Thanks in advance, Joe

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

Henderson’s in grants pass Oregon. Same front end was used on country coaches. Don’t faint when you see the price.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-16-2018, 04:26 PM)Richard Wrote:  Henderson’s in grants pass Oregon.  Same front end was used on country coaches. Don’t faint when you see the price.
Thanks Richard I just tried to call them but they are already closed. So I just took a Zane’s so tell me how much you think then I will tell you what I have heard

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell

I think it was about a 1000 bucks to replace all four tie rod ends and the drag link ends. Mine were worn, and it did make an improvement in the steering. The HUGE tie rods ends on the center link are internally adjustable to remove any wear.

They are on sale. Ha!

https://supersteerparts.com/shop/motorho...ch/page/3/

Go to the next pages for the drag link ends.

We have the DANA IFS 84 front suspension

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-17-2018, 05:26 AM)Richard Wrote:  I think it was about a 1000 bucks to replace all four tie rod ends and the drag link ends. Mine were worn, and it did make an improvement in the steering. The HUGE tie rods ends on the center link are internally adjustable to remove any wear.

They are on sale. Ha!

https://supersteerparts.com/shop/motorho...ch/page/3/

Go to the next pages for the drag link ends.

We have the DANA IFS 84 front suspension

Man this is a relief Morgan at Newell told me that they have some on order but they are tied up in customs. Now here comes the good part he thought they where around $1200 a pair. So when ever I get to meet you I owe you a coolaide ora bottle of grape juice LOL thanks.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell

Hi Joe, I did my most every thing over on my IOS-84 2 years ago and they didn't have parts any where including Oregon. Therefore I had no choice but go through my front end shop who had to go through ( who I think was) United Distributors who, as I understand has the sole distribution rights for the front end parts for Dana which come out of the sub contracting manufacturer in Portugal who in turn works with more outside machine shops for some of the various. Even the Manufacturer was out of stock on some pieces needed and I had to wait for them to reach enough back orders to place a batch order with 2 different machine shops so as to complete the whole part need. It took me 3-1/2 months and over $6000 to finish the job.
Bottom line you were lucky, you got a great price with great availability.

Chris and Randee
#521 45'8"
1999 2 slide

Are you guys sure that his 98 has a IFS 84 upfront ?
My 440 has a solid axle upfront and I could not find any tierod ends yet...hope he has an Dana Kirkstall IFS 84

MG

As far as i can tell, everything starting with #443 had the Dana IFS front suspension. #434 appears to be the first Newell built with the Dana IFS front end but as they frequently do, Newell continued on with the Ridewell Solid front axle while they tested out #434.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(04-17-2018, 07:13 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  As far as i can tell, everything starting with #443 had the Dana IFS front suspension. #434 appears to be the first Newell built with the Dana IFS front end but as they frequently do, Newell continued on with the Ridewell Solid front axle while they tested out #434.

I am sure it is Dana IFS. The shop has the ends on the way here are the following part numbers.
Tie rod right 28560 left 28561
Drag link right FSU’s 28557 left 28558 
I think that if I was planing on ever replacing them in the future I would buy them now and just put them on the shelf till needed

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell

michael,

so did they use the same dana front end until the coaches with steer tag?

to

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH