You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

thanks for being courteous and nice on the gurus forum

i just got a new to us car with 3800 miles on it and i joined a forum dedicated to my new car.  i have made a few hands full of questions and comments and i have to say it has given me an appreciation for all of you.  some of the folks on that forum are snippy, nit picky and eager to point out faults in most anything i comment or question.  

since i started our forum 6 years ago, we still have a kind, courteous and generous group of folks all willing to help out both newbies and experienced folks.  

thanks again

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Leadership sets the tone Tom. You have always stressed the purpose of the site is to foster friendship and helpfulness and the members respond to that approach. Sorry about the bad experience on the other site. The web can be a cruel and ruthless place.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Ditto to Michael's comments. The thought that goes through my mind is.....knowing Tom....his questions were probably on point and well written. For forum members to be snippy says more about them than anything else.

Because of the tone that is encouraged here....the site has turned into the authoritative source for information relating to Newel coaches. It is a valuable store of tribal knowledge and the world is a better place because of it.

Thank you Tom for creating this site and also thank you to the moderators who have quietly guided rabble rousers to the door while welcoming in anyone who has questions about these amazing machines.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

The suspense is killing me.  Tell us about your new car? we won't be snippy.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

This is a topic that Richard E. and I discussed yesterday. This is an extraordnary group in its willingness to help and do so in a polite fashion. I am grateful and feel honored to be part of such an admirable collection of human beings.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Yep, this forum is unusual and special. Thanks for fostering it.

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO