You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Pilot and Co Pilot Seats

Our current seats have only lap seat belts.  

We are considering replacing both chairs that have integrated shoulder/lap belts, and am looking for suggestions on where to purchase new chairs.  How difficult are the seats to replace (can I do this myself?).  Current drivers seat is an air ride, electric position seat and the co-pilot seat is manual position, recliner, non-air ride seat.   Also where is the best location to purchase new seats.  If needed we would like suggestions where we could have the seats installed if I can't replace them myself?  We will be at Newell at the end of October but the replacement cost from the factory is prohibitive.  So we are looking for other options.

JR

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

The seats are attached to the base rails by 4 bolts. Access isn't great but they are not that hard to get off. They are heavy and awkward to move, especially for one person, unless you are young and spry (or at least spry).

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

like michael said, heavy but not difficult to remove. you might have to fab some adapter plate or brackets for new seats....and maybe not.

seats are available at many places. look online. for air seats they are for trucks. and you could get a similar one without air. or look at rv seats online.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

For what it's worth, My seat belts with shoulder restraints are not part of the seat except the snap latch.  The belt is attached to the wall as is the safety catch.  Your current seats should have the snap buckle already on it.

Correct me if i am mistaken, please.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

(07-31-2018, 02:54 PM)bestgenman Wrote:  For what it's worth, My seat belts with shoulder restraints are not part of the seat except the snap latch.  The belt is attached to the wall as is the safety catch.  Your current seats should have the snap buckle already on it.

Correct me if i am mistaken, please.

Drivers lap belt is anchored to the floor and the co-pilot seat is anchored to the chair frame, i think, because it swivels to face the living area.  Newell says they can add the shoulder/lap belts to our current seats for a reasonable price, but the wife would like to have new seats.  So new seats will most likely be in our future.

As to young and spry, it's are more like old and feeble.

JR

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Prior to our trip to SantaFe and Clarksville TN I started having air leaks. The first one was one of the black air lines to the lumbar control came off. Fixed that then the white airline by the left sid of the drivers seat, started leaking at the back where it attaches to the air bladder. Got all of that fixed and could not find a way to shut off that air supply, because of all the problems I was having, so I took a small C clamp with me just in case. We were on I 40 at 65mph when the supply line blew out of the bladder and I was holding my finger over the metal end of the fitting to not lose air pressure. PTL a rest stop appeared and pulled off and put on the c clamp on the supply line and it is still there as I write this post in Clarksville TN. 

A positive thing in this is now my 120v compressor is know cycling (while parked) at 6 hours 38 min where with the seat hooked up it was good to be 30 to 40 minutes. Hard to believe that the seat was leaking that much air and could not hear it in the MH??

Any comments would be appreciated.

Ed and Penny Thomas
Anna, TX
98 Newell
coach #490

Joe,

If you decide to have your seats replaced....pay particular attention to the size of the new seat. I had Newell replace both my seats when I bought the coach. The old passenger seat was the huge recliner style seat...and they replaced with a similarly sized unit. Upon reflection, I would MUCH rather have had a second drivers style seat. This would allow more foot room in front of the passenger seat. Because I have a mid entry four slide coach, there is not much room in front of the slide wall and that results in almost no leg room. Live and Learn!

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Fasteddie on my '93 Newell I had the same thing happen to the passenger air ride seat. The airline supplying the seat mechanism popped off just before the last exit to the Mobile tunnel. I quickly exited and stopped. I found the supply was tee-d off of the generator slide control. Unscrewed the airline from the tee and used an air fitting plug I had in my parts box to plug it.
This is just one style: https://www.velvac.com/products/push-loc...te-plug-12
Very handy item to have, allowing you to quickly stop a leak on a quick connect fitting.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

i must admit, a golf tee works as a great plug on those rubber airlines.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Does anyone know if swivel, air ride driver seats available?