You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide seal leakage rates

hi all,

so here is the question.......

how long does your slide seal stay inflated if there is not a compressor on.  i had assumed that it should be for weeks or more.  

i keep my coach with air in it all the time.  in my shop i have shop air on or if i am traveling one of the compressors is on.  so i never noticed how fast it would deflate before until i had the coach without air on it for a while.  

my rear slide seal will deflate in 18-24 hours

i was at richards and we tested his front seal that had been recently replaced by newell and it went down in about 24 hours.  

i was at steve magowns and his slide seal went down overnight.  

comments?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

IF you have a 12V air compressor AND your check valve at the supply tank in the RR wheel well is working, then your slide seal will stay up for weeks if the 12V air system is leak free.  Leaks in the system outside the 12V air system will run the main supply pressure to zero, but a functioning check valve will stop the leakage at 60 lbs in the 12V air system.  If the 12V air system continues to leak down, then you have a leak in the 12V air system which consists of the supply tank in the RR wheel well, pocket doors, toilet(s), slide seals or air lines & fittings within the system.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

steve. i tested it by hooking air directly up to the seal, bypassing all of that

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

OK Then you identified that there is a leak beyond your input point.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531