You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

installing magnum 2812 questions

I knew you would come up with an elegant solution Tom.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

i finished my mount for the inverter.  to provide a heatsink/heat barrier i used 1/8" aluminum diamondplate.  you can see i used 1/4" t nuts for the 8 mounting  bolts for the inverter.  then i drilled the diamondplate to match the mounting holes.  4 of the mounting bolts were put on and the inverter lifted up and over the bolts and then slid to latch.  then the other 4 bolts put in.

the wall in the bay is only half inch plywood, so i used 16 screws to mount the plywood to the wall before i put the diamondplate on.  

all is solid and worked well other than that is one heavy unit to lift up laying on your side in the bay....ha

i will finish hooking it up over the next couple of days.  i have yet to make the mounting plate adapter for the control panel over the drivers seat.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Good job Tom.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

finished the inverter charger install today. and got it all working. just have a little wire management left to do but that will only take a little while.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH