You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SCS Board Shorted

Been working on our hit list for the past week since acquiring coach #525.  The rear SCS unit has a shorted #1 comp terminal.  Sent flight systems the attached pictures, they seem to thick it is repairable.  My plan is to install the external relays to help with removing the high loads from the board on both units. 

The way I understand the system operation of a single unit, is that two compressors (#1 & #2) operate together when high demand is required.  When the temp has been reached the single compressor (say #1) maintains the temp unless the room temp moves to a point greater than 3 degrees of the T-stat setting.  With that scenario in mind, #1 compressor is the one that gets used the most in our systems.  I am thinking of putting #2 compressor to the #1 comp position on the board and #1 compressor to the #2 comp position on the board.  By doing that it would give the #1 compressor a rest and put #2 compressor as the one that maintains the t-stat setting until a higher demand is required. 

Is there something I am missing on this thought?

BTW I tried the photo editing Tom suggested so here goes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

That will work.
I did that once when i lost number 1 compressor while on a trip.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )