You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bucees in Alabama

Has anyone fueled a 45’ Newell at the new Bucees on I-10 east of Mobile?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

I fuel at Buccee's Baytown everytime I get home. The main entrance is on the east side of the property so I go around back to the west side and watch for the end pumps to be empty. They usually are as most folks choose pumps futhur east of the west end. Easy in and out

I will top my coach at that Buccee's on my way there soon. See you there.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I can now answer my own question.  I have never fueled at a Bucees before.  I decided to try this location as it was close to my final destination in Gulf Shores.  Easy in & out.  Place was busy, but not crowded.  Only down side was pumps were not truck pumps so they were slow & shut off at $150.  After 3 tries on the credit card, I was full.  Location worked for me & was 20 cents below all the local competition.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

That's the big up side to Bucee's, cheapest fuel around.  I stop at the one in Baytown, TX on my way home from every trip so that I store with a full tank.  I like their beef jerky too.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

The only thing you have to worry about is the fuel quality - at least at a truck stop I know the fuel in the tanks is changing all the time...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

I'm guessing you've never been to a Bucee's.  The awning over the pumps in Baytown is over 800 feet long, they pump a lot of fuel.  I doubt it has time to get stale.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

I am with Jack on Buccee's fresh fuel. I talk to the fuel delivery guys when I fuel at the end where they dump the new fuel. Usually at least 6 truck loads per day of diesel and gas. There are only 96 pumps in Baytown. Katy and Madisonville have many more than that. If you have never been in a Buccee's, you will not believe the stuff, the tons of stuff they have for sale inside. Many coffee and soft drink stations, no waiting even though the place has tons of cars.

No 18 wheelers but lots of dump trucks, 3/4 ton pick ups with freight and car hauling trailers are there every day. They are after the 20+ cents per gallon savings. Easy to find places charging well more than 20 cents. I have seen dump trucks start two pumps into the same tank to speed up the fueling process.

Baytown has a decaded fuel truck for the 6 per day deliveries and on busy weekends other trucks show up, sometimes two at a time.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

We never went into Bucees but have passed by many of them while on the way from our home in League City to Beaumont to visit family. They are definitely huge and great to know they turn their diesel over so quickly - will stop in next time we are through ... wow, 6 fuel trucks per day! Maybe a fuel trailer should be my tow vehicle!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40