You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1985 Newell Auction

Johnny, yes he did. It is an 8v92 with 180,000 miles. No overheating issues. He is 3rd owner. Talked to him for about 30 minutes.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I got some pictures. Mileage is 180,000. I hope the wet or oily picture that shows the radiator is just from them washing it? The rest looks dry though?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

Johnny....so you've seen this coach in person? What was your general impression about its condition, and level of maintenance? I have a friend who is interested. I spoke with the owner, and if I am to believe him this engine is pristine, but your pictures present a totally different impression.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

No I have not seen the coach. I talked to the auctioneer and he sent me pictures. I’m glad he did. I’m not saying it’s not nice on the inside, but the outside I question. I going to try to get some pictures of the under carriage. I already have an idea of what it is going to look like. Definitely not a garage queen. I suspect it will need some maintenance. Tried for tire pictures but they couldn’t find date code. Tires didn’t look newer. He said I could come see it on Friday but I don’t have the time. If your buddy can go look at it early he would be able to really check it out. I think it was a dirt rodeo queen. But anything can be fixed for a price.

Johnny
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

After seeing the pictures you posted I am convinced the owner was playing me in our conversation. He referred to the engine as being in pristine condition on several occasions. Those photos show the exact opposite. There is no pride of ownership demonstrated whatsoever.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

All, I hesitated to post on this coach, but since I fully anticipate finding a Newell for my wife and I soon and have been quietly in the background following this site, I'll tell my story as I hope someone else would if they saw what I saw. We drove 4 hrs each way last week to view this coach with limited hints on condition other than one picture from the auctioneer and a Craigslist description as " Immaculate" although misspelled. We did meet the owner and the auctioneer. Nice guys. Owner is selling pretty much all of his stuff and moving out of the country. It appeared to be at a quarter horse ranch. Wife and I started inside, I figured my Wife was sold because it had a small bathtub and she liked the colors. Inside condition was typical for it's age, not beat, but not cherry. I went outside, both windshields are cracked. All rear tires are poor tread condition, I didn't waste my time on the rear date codes, the tread killed it.  Fronts are date coded as past due, Don't quote my memory, 2012?  On both sides of the coach several bin doors have scrapping damage, I'm an aircraft mechanic and know what it takes to fix metal damage. It's more than just paint scratches.  The wood floor in the water utility bay is rotted. The house batteries, well, have seen better days. The engine bay looks like it's seen dirt roads, plenty, maybe while pulling horse trailer. Coach was sitting on it's rear tires, would it rise on air up. Frankly I didn't care at this point, I felt that the coach was a project for me everywhere I looked. We loaded up and drove home. I am in Maui now on vacation, hence the late post time, I won't be bidding on this coach. I am not trying to scare potential buyers off so I can get it myself. The owner told my wife he thought it was worth 45K to 80K, lots of luck. It really bugged me they told someone on here it was pristine, that isn't fair. I also have my own picture of the dash and odometer. I strongly urge anyone who is interested in it to go look for themselves, your standards maybe different than mine and each is entitled to their own opinion.

Hi y'all, Thank you mycbarnes and to my friend Clark for all your invaluable information on this Newell. My wife and I our also in the process of purchasing a classic Newell or wanderlodge. We are new to this and are very blessed that we have Clark for a friend at
http:// whatsnewell.blogspot.com . I live in Florida so it was difficult for me to view this coach. I also spoke with the owner Bill and he told me this coach was well maintained with new A.C. units installed, and the DD was also maintained by a professional DD mechanic. I also asked him to send me photos of engine compartment, he has not yet done so. After viewing these photos I believe I just saved a big headache, anything can be repaired its just a matter of how much! This web site is a wealth of information for a newbie like me! Thanks so much everyone!

No I have not seen the coach. I talked to the auctioneer and he sent me pictures. I’m glad he did. I’m not saying it’s not nice on the inside, but the outside I question. I going to try to get some pictures of the under carriage. I already have an idea of what it is going to look like. Definitely not a garage queen. I suspect it will need some maintenance. Tried for tire pictures but they couldn’t find date code. Tires didn’t look newer. He said I could come see it on Friday but I don’t have the time. If your buddy can go look at it early he would be able to really check it out. I think it was a dirt rodeo queen. But anything can be fixed for a price.

Johnny
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

Thanks for your info Johnny!
Roscoe