You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Debonded Laminate

I had several de-laminated sections of laminate that needed attention.  From another project, I have used this Roo Glue formulated for Melamine & Vinyl.  Thought i would try it out on the Newell's laminate.  It has the right consistency as it will get into the deep recesses, with the aid of an artist brush, but still not run everywhere.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I've used contact cement, the good dangerous to smell kind, and either an artist brush or toothpick to work it up under both sides of the laminate. I used a popsicle stick to carefully open it up and hold it open to get the glue in.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have used a syringe and the real old-fashioned contact cement. Inject the cement, run a roller over the area to evenly spread it around under the laminate, place a stick or wire in to keep it separated until the cement sets then remove spacer and roll again.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.