You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Trans not shifting

Drove the bus 2500 miles in Oct/Nov with no issues. Went to move it into shop from canopy and it wouldn't shift into reverse. Shifted down into 1st. wouldn't come back. Shifted it by hand and backed it around and into shop. Shifts thru all gears from R thru 1 but wont go back towards N or R. Stone Bennett shifter. Switch is fine or seems to work as power to both sides on demand. Ideas??  Thanks, Mark

Mark and Marian

1986 #125   (left us for a new home in Oregon)
1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

Regina Beach SK  Maricopa AZ

Mine acted similar. There is an air actuator on the side of the trans that moves the shift mechanism. I ended up removing the shifting mechanism and sending it to Stone Bennett for rebuild. It works great now.
One thing you could check is the air pressure to the shifter my ‘93 has an air pressure regulator on the passenger side bulkhead that can be adjusted.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I took the shifter off the trans and tested it (sort of) Seemed like 1 solenoid was dead. Sent it to Andersen I Kilgore. Got it back today, installed it and all good now. Sure nice people over there.

Mark and Marian

1986 #125   (left us for a new home in Oregon)
1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

Regina Beach SK  Maricopa AZ

Glad you got your problem solved.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com